• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP [Operation La Prossima] A Chef Named Miko

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
RP Location
REDACTED

The interview room at the Black Sands Testing Range is a stark contrast to the sweltering heat outside. The room is climate-controlled, with cool air circulating gently, providing a welcome relief from the oppressive heat. Despite the air conditioning, the room retains a sense of seriousness and purpose.

In the center of the room a simple table sits, flanked by rows of chairs enough for eight people at least. The table is made of a plain wood, a minor luxury that has clearly seen usage as the wear and tear of wrists and binders had left dull patches in front of every seat. On the table, a small recording device hums quietly, capturing every word of the interview.

The chairs are comfortable yet firm, clearly designed to encourage good posture for the kinds of meetings the room was intended for. Despite the serious nature of the interview, there is a sense of calm and professionalism in the air, a testament to SAINT's reputation for handling delicate matters with care. They'd even had the decency to have a coffee maker in the corner of the room, complete with cups and condiments.

Barone entered, a bit tardy but present. "My apologies, I hate to keep you waiting," he stated as he took his seat, a closed file being laid on the table, "I'm glad you could join us here. I've been eager to here your account of the incident myself."

"Oh no worries. Not my first time in a room like this. Granted I was chained to the table that last time." He said with a light chuckle. "So, where would you like to start?" He asked as he tipped his head to one side.

Miko had hoped to stay around Koko for longer but this was sadly short lived. For another calling had come and he was wisked away to new lands. He was now face to face with his new commander. A person he could tell was important and skilled. A person with a record of greatness and destined to win. He believe he was just as curious about him as he was of Miko. Like two hound dogs circling a central pray.

"Let's start with the YSS Ayakashi," Barone began, a professional tone taking over, "In your own words, what happened to it? Abridged version is fine."

"Well, ship put up a good fight but sadly was taken out. Made a big hole when it crashed landed. Myself and a fellow Saint Akiko managed to survive." He spoke in a calm tone.

Barone nodded, "She gave a good report of your actions. Wyatt also spoke well of you. When did the psionics start happening, and what can you tell me about the results?"

"Oh gosh, I am not sure I can put a date on it. Just one of those things you just kind of notice." He then traced a circle on the table with his finger. "Didn't think much of it since did not ever seem to be an issue."

"I understand, It's not something you can see with your eyes," Barone said, a certain disappointment in his tone, "well, I was hoping for a revalation. We have a task force we're specifically assembling just for this kind of problem. The Mishu seem to be outdoing themselves."

"No joke there, gone so far as to make one with feelings. Never seen anything like it but it worked out in the end. Now I have a new friend named Koko." He said with the biggest of smile and upbeat tone.

"Koko.." he droned opening up the file, "right, tell me about this Mishu. I'm intrigued that peace might be an option."

"Oh, I'd not go that far with the idea of peace. Firstly, there is an entire command who don't really see eye to eye with the Mishhu. That aside, I just felt that Koko was different so gave her a chance. Could have ended poorly but instead they helped get us off that planet. I can say most certain I am here today because of them."

"I can at least appreciate the attempt. I've.. seen a lot of war. Constant, bloody, war. I'm willing to keep an open mind to ending the killing," Barone philosofied, or rambled. Truly it would be Miko to decide which, "well, I've been over all the data we have on this situation. Looks like a dead end but I appreciate you coming here. While I have you, what did you think of working with SAINT operatives. Most people don't like working with us but I have two operatives who've had.. interesting reports of working with you... what's up with that?"

"Aye, seen a few fights too. So I get it, wanting a better tomorrow. However sometimes in order to have this, the good guys needs do bad things to bad people." He paused and lifted one eye brow. "I am sure it reported how I was all over the place yet still managed to have complete success." The biggest of grin then crossed his face. "Though don't let them fool you though, they really enjoyed my cooking."

"As for taking on some work. I am listening."

Barone cocked a half smile as he clicked the recorder off. Standing violently he drew his NSP and forced it into Miko's face, the barrel glowing as it charged to ready status. Miko sat in his chair and didn't move. Though he did not seem overly concerned either. "Starting to think this is a normal SAINT greeting. At some point I end up with a gun in my face or knocked across the room." He then paused before he continued. "So we going to start blasting or we going to get down to business?" The person with the gun could tell something pointy was resting against them in a very private area.

Barone for his part never flinched either. "That's a Wyatt move." He spun his pistol back into it's holster as he returned to his seat. "That's the 'flinch check'. It's like a cup check but for the best," Barone explained and continued, "entertain an aging operatives rambling. I'm assembling a task force just for hunting down a certain classified psionic practice. In the even it is even possible it can assuredly kill you permanently.. like it did me.. I won't lie, I need a diverse crew for this and have a specific need for expendable personnel... and I need people like me. Candon Suites was one of our best, but I can at only claim to have his memories. I need people who will finish the mission no matter what. More than that my cooking a shitty at best. I'm interested in you- not romantically. I can promise either medals or a horrific death if you come on as our cook. Up to you."

"Ah yes, I have a version of this I use in the kitchen. Just an apron will weed out the ones who are there to eat and those there to play." He said with a wink. "You have my attention regarding a possible one way mission and tracking down something bad." He then banged his fist on the table. "Poor quality cooking, I see the real crime here. And you can be interested, window shopping is free of charge." He finished with a wink.

"Welcome aboard, Rikugun. If this works out I'll give you a recommendation to SAINT. Whether you take up SAINT or not it's at least worth three pay grades."

"Looks like I am going on a mission. Welcome to be part of the team." He stood to shake the hand of his new commander.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back