• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Operator Cybernetics

• 1.B will make operators vulnerable to high voltage attack: A taser would likely detonate it. I suggest you explain it is insulated externally.

The larger volume of metal in the body would be problematic for sneaking.
    Even a very basic electro-receptor or magnetic resonance receptor would make operators stand out significantly, like hot coals on a thermograph.

It would be best if you were aware of this when you next choose to update the field-gear of an Operator, rather than fix it now:
    This is an interesting flaw with potential in roleplay to make an otherwise fairly plain scenario a bit more interesting.

Conclusion:

• I'm actually quite impressed with the depth - especially on the isotopic enhancement of the bone lattice structure.

This will sound enormously childish but I would love to see an operator face off against Rebeka some time: hand to hand, no tricks.

I seriously think it would be quite an even fight :)

Thank you for your feedback, Osakan :D

Anyway, added insulation to the Burner unit. As for the metal, I was a little worried about all the extra bits of it in there for the same reason, although decided against making it into undetectable alloys due to A. In Nepleslia, everything has cybernetics. I'm pretty sure some of the larger street rats have a few by now. The second is that Operators, if they're out of their Britvas, need less stealth, and more of the ability to simply blend in with their surroundings.

Hmm. I've been looking over this. (As I am right now as I type) And I've liked what I've read thus far. Also I see much room for future improvements after field testing. I'll get back to you on this asap.

Hoookay. I see these to be quite nifty. They leave room for improvements, and special tailoring, and even add elements to the plot that can be quite enjoyable. One of which Osa kindly mentioned. All in all I see no real overt issues with them.

This Submission is Approved for IC Usage.

They leave room for improvements
Sub already added insulation though, despite Osaka's suggestion of waiting until the next upgrade cycle.

I'm referring to simple tweaks, and so on for efficiency and effectiveness. I see a lot of potential for such things as well as customization depending on the Operator and their preferences, I won't say what and where since I'd like for the creator to discover those things. I consider it enjoyable to see where I faulted in my technology submissions, and jot down improvements, tweaks and so on to make them better as a whole.

It can be pretty exciting since after all inspiration can be drawn from your earlier work for something new entirely.

I would however like to point out it maybe a good idea to add a blurb in there Sub. I know you covered a Neko's and Yamataian's minds, but their bodies would also likely reject the cybernetics as well as a result of their hemosynthetic systems.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back