• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Origin] Assayer Class Starship

Syaoran

Retired Staff
Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you've a 3d model for it, it'd likely would be a good idea to include more views of said ship (else why have created a 3d model in the first place?)

I can load more images of it yeah.

Edit: Added front side and back views at the bottom

Last edited:
@Syaoran

So far, it looks good. Since this is a civilian ship, I suggest taking your time to go into detail about how the stock ship would look as you're walking through it though. That's completely optional of course.

Moving on to the tech in the ship though, I'm not sure if it'd have a CDD as a civilian science vessel. That's considered high-end reality warping tech there. Besides moving a ship really fast, it can also act as a maneuvering system, a shield system, and a stealth system too. All by giving Physics a wedgie. It's definitely not something to sneeze at.

I'll probably go into depth with details on the inside as it's RPed. I know the importance of such things but I'm just really bad at doing them out side of RP, so I'll probably copy some of the bigger more detailed descriptions over into the ship description.

As for the CDD, I was unaware that wasn't really a civy thing. I'm fine with taking it out, didn't really much thought into that part. But should I just remove it, or should there be some other sort of FTL system below hyperspace?

Also I got a bit of inspiration for an interceptor, which isn't up at all yet. But this ship wont come with any standard, but it will be something you can ask for, once the interceptor is done.

At this point, I think civilians may have access to the CDD, but it'd just be absurdly uncommon because most folks wouldn't even need and/or be able to put it through its paces. Like having a Ferrari. Except this is more like owning an AEGIS Destroyer.

Well the main reason it's there mostly is the tow bubble, that's all I was really hoping to get out of it, though I can use a gravity beam for that.

CDD drives are okay for civilians. It's the combined field system that's specific to the Yamataian military. Many Yamataian civilian ships have CDD drives already.

There should be an Appearance section, which describes the appearance and other visual aspects.

No, pictures are nice, but there needs to be a textual description of the appearance.

I do not mean to sound pushy, but in order to start up a plot I'm going to need this approved. So I'd like it if it could get under review soon by anyone.

Alright, made a deck lay out and realized I missed a few things like infirmary and amenities rooms and the computer room. They're all fairly generic though with the exception of 2 things (drone hangar(for the whiskers) and the 'empty facilities' I decided to add when I realized there would be a lot of space. Should I write out things on the generic rooms.?

More information is better. anything that can be used to describe something better to players is beneficial, so long as it doesn't just turn into walls of text.

okay got that done, went back to the compartments page and realized Origin did already have compartments for what I was missing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back