• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Origin Defense Manufacturing 17mm aka "Peashooter"

CadetNewb

This is a new handgun I have created in response to a player's character complaining about the lack of serious handheld firepower in Origin's inventory.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=origin:odm_17mm_pistol

In addition, there is also the ammunition which needs to be approved.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=17x45mm

Under normal circumstances, this firearm and it's ammunition would be excessive. However, considering the supersoldiers, combat gynoids and borderline Eldritch Abominations, this does not appear to be so.

Enjoy.

This more looks like a Powered Armor sidearm than a Light Infantry sidearm. Heck, it looks freaking awesome too.

The round is much larger than a .50 cal round as well, so I'm wondering if this weapon is a bit underpowered or not in the damage scale.

But that's up for the Tech Mods to decide.

This pistol was put together in a hurry for a plot, so forgive any imperfections. I"m ot even sure if I'll make it in time to be honest. Oh well.

I've given it a PDR 4 for it's standard Gyrojet round, and a PDR 5/ADR 1 for its armor piercing discarding sabot round, newly added to the ammunition page.

And thanks for the complements.

I fixed 3 "it's" misuses to "its." Nice DOGA-fu.

From my review of this weapon, it's good for approval. The technology for such a weapon exists, it's not OP (low ammunition capacity, limited range) and the weapon was composed quite well.

Looks good!

Great DOGA, the barrel may actually be a tad narrow for 1.7cm projectile. But hey it is cool looking. Make sure to add it to the Firearms page.

Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back