• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Origin] Frame Bazookas

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
The lazer bazooka lacks a DR Rating, and, judging by the changes you made, it would be closer to MDR3, which means that the laser bazooka would be useless as an anti-starship weapon.

kai said:
The lazer bazooka lacks a DR Rating, and, judging by the changes you made, it would be closer to MDR3, which means that the laser bazooka would be useless as an anti-starship weapon.

Right, edited it according to your suggestions.

The laser bazooka is still SDR 3 despite Kai's requested change.

As for the Gauss Cannon. CIF 3 is a good choice if an atmosphere is involved. In vacuum it would be next to useless as an explosive (I am unsure if it even is used as one), or incendiary due to the nature of space. If you're trying to use it as a corrosive then it would be ideal to know that if it does not contain an oxide element oxidation will not occur. Even if it does, a metal can still prove exceedingly resilient to it if that metal forms a metal fluoride film. Even if you cause a metal fluoride fire, you'd still have to deal with the oxygen issue in space.

Also, most materials on here I think lack an oxygen molecule to react to besides Nerimium. Even then, Nerimium only has oxygen in the tiniest amounts due to the iron molecules in it having the slightest traces of oxides. Combine this with its density and it'd take repeated shots for the desired effect to begin to occur.

And it would take a lot of CIF3 to do the damage you're attributing to it.
a spill of 900 kg of chlorine trifluoride burned itself through 30 cm of concrete and 90 cm of gravel beneath.

We're not dealing with concrete or gravel, but meta-materials designed to withstand nastier things so you'd need quite a bit of this to make it work.

an antimatter round containing a four gram antimatter warhead;

I'm somewhat confused on this line. Did you mean a fourth of a gram, or four grams? The DR I am iffy on at the moment until you clearly define the amount of amat.

Clay Round: Rounds explode upon contact, releasing a fast hardening putty used to restrain and disable enemy vehicles and mecha

It'd be nice to be just a little clearer on this. Since from your wording it seems like it could hold any mecha, frames, vehicles and the like. Just elaborate some more on it and it should be fine. The name is okay though.

Note: At the speeds attributed to your weapon, about half of the damage would come from the impact velocities alone.

I recommend making art for all of these. Submission rules state that weapons should have art.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back