• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Origin] Gauss-impelled Positron Cannon

Actually not different from the Ke-S3-W2901 Positron Accelerator Cannons
firing massive 2000kg compressed positron shells at near-light speeds.

Wes has described to me that the Positron Accelerator cannons' round is composed of purely antimatter; and 2000KG is quite a bit of antimatter.

This is an actual round which the warhead is closer to 200KG, but, as Uso has said, at this speed the round itself packs a similar punch to antimatter, the actual presence of positrons is more so it can defeat Zesuaium and similar armors which a normal round cannot.

Wasn't arguing Kai, was just saying that one of the more prevalent ones fired a heavy object at near light speeds in response to Uso's.

DR Description/Example Weapons
1 Very Light/Point Defense Weapons
2 Light/Tertiary weapons
3 Moderate/Large nuclear weapons, secondary weapons
4 Heavy/Most starship “main guns”, heavy anti-matter weapons
5 Very Heavy/Exceptionally powerful super-weapons
The DR of this submission is too high. It should be a 3.

Wes, this is supposed to be a Starship's "Main Turret Battery" weapon

So I think it should be at 4

Yes, This submission is intended to be main guns on a ship, not secondary weapons.

I intended it to have a higher damage due to the combination of both high-kinetic impact and the Antimatter payload, making it at least as effective, if not more so than, the two alternatives.

As I explained before, this weapon is a ship's main cannon. it is not a secondary weapon, but rather a large, powerful, primary cannon. I designed it to fit in the SDR 4 category, so that's where it should go.

If the design as it stands cannot make it in that category, then, please, could you be helpful and make a suggestion as to how it can work as a Primary weapon?

I am asking for comments and suggestions not one sentence answers that tell me absolutely nothing.

Thank you, Wes.

I clarified the shell size and type in the stats section; it's a two-meter long, half-meter diameter shell with a contained Positron warhead.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back