• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Origin] Kirin Feather Combat Support Drone

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Questions That needs to be answered, and explanations given.

1: Are you sure the IAPD can be fitted to this. It is rather small.

2: Does it remain 4.7kg when carrying thermonuclear warheads? As well as other ordinance?

3: Does this increase in ordinance slow it down?

4: Wouldn't jabbing a frame with tougher armor make the "Spearpoint" not pointy anymore considering it is quite thin? If it isn't then can you elaborate more on it?

5: Why eight?

6:How can it even fit so many? Where/How are they stored specifically?

7: You may need to go through the article again. I've seen a few misspellings.

8:I assume "Endurance" means its Operational Time is four hours? Doesn't that somewhat contradict the IAPD's capabilities a bit? But, I assume it is a bid for fairness which is appreciated.

1: Yes. I've been over this with Kai.

2: Sure, i'll changed that

3: No

4: Rule of Cool. Also, it'd generally go for the joints and whatnot. I'm not going to put that on the page because it is common sense.

5:Because I wanted Eight of them

6: Because The Kirin is pretty big. And I gave it specialized storage

7: sure why not

8: Because we take out the Aether in the IAPD and use a fuel source.

4: Rule of Cool. Also, it'd generally go for the joints and whatnot. I'm not going to put that on the page because it is common sense.
Stop using this.

If I remember correctly, most of your characters use this rule, Chris.

it's also his prerogative if he wants to make something cool. Why make boring stuff when you can make cool stuff?

Please don't comment unless you have something USEFUL to say.

Cora is the voice of common sense here.

A collision between this object while in flight, considering the speeds it goes at, will outright destroy the drone regardless of what it hits. That is just common sense.

If it is in space, moving at .42c, a collision won't just completely wreck the drone, but cause it to explode as well even if it just barely clips the side of something. This is also common sense.

it would be easy to fix this by simply saying the feathers had one 'shot' for their melee ability.

Fiver said:
I did that because I figured "Sure why not"
This is more or less what I mean. You make something with the though of "That's fukken cool" without thinking of everything else. These are solid state melee/close combat support drones that move at .4 light. The force of their impact would utterly destroy the whole drone in one blow.

Yeah, and you don't have any bearing on this submission, one way or another.

I like it, I made it to do something, and it can be used as a Kinetic Kill Vehicle.

Also note, that this doesn't always go its max speed, and in many cases, will probably not be moving very fast at all.

Below a certain speed, this thing can continue hitting until something external destroys it.

Actually, taking a look at this design, it can go fast or not at all. No engines are placed facing forward to help it move back and forth and a collision at any speed is going to damage this drone.

Odds are it is either going fast enough to fly, or it is going to drop like a stone.

And of course if it is in space there is virtually no chance of it hitting something slow enough to not destroy/damage both objects.

Just using the render to judge what the drone has or doesnt have is bullshit.

Why don't we get some meaningful tech review done in here, and get rid of the trolls

Its just common sense based on the width of the area usable for lift (virtually zero). Besides if it is in the writeup it should be on the image as well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…