• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Origin LNC

Syaoran

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Submission Type: Technology
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=origin:link

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? @CadetNewb looked over the LNC original design with me a while back and approved it, but we felt it was missing something until I got an idea the other day.
Faction requires art? I don't believe art is required.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes (see notes)
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=origin:real was submitted along with the article. I'd like it's aproval as well since it's going to be a primary function of the LNC, and not a physical object but a system. It's pretty much Origin's answer to Mindware and Iroma's NI and Dive technology.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Since I'm part of Origin, I can't review and approve the article, but it does have my go ahead for Origin itself. Is anyone able to take the time to review this?

Last edited:
That would be nice. I really want to get the concept off the ground so I can start experimenting with it in character.

How is this going? If the article needs more just tell me and I'll write it up like uses and stuff. This is my first real software article so I don't know what should be on it's page and separate. I can elaborate on things for the LNC too.

Hi Syaoran,

Sorry for the delay, got lost in the shuffle of my step dad's death.

A few items of note.

With regards to the OI-G5-1A, if they are operating hands free mode. How to they disengage the device? Should have a small statement about that because the controls you describe for the device are physical.

As for Real, I would suggest rewording the aspect about it making accelerating thoughts. Our brains already run at incredible speeds as a dream can cover subjectively a very long period of time, in just a few minutes. I would recommend rewording it to something like, the REAL accelerates the perception of time so that subjectively more time passes for the user.

Also you should probably state that the person should be sitting when using it, because given the fact that they do not process any sensory data from their body, how would they remain standing.

As for the fatigue for non-digital brains, since the device is not 'accelerating' the brain, but rather increasing the data provided to match the higher subjective rate, both digital and non-digital would probably have the same affect.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back