• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Origin] Origin Orbital Shipyards

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
The OOSY

A major setting element, a new place for Origin to set up shop after the evacuation of Tami. ICly built to be far away from the mishhu, OOCly it is to help create a major hub between the core systems and the 'newer', outer systems.

As the article states, it's being built in three stages, with the first stage being completed by the end of YE 31, and the entire project done by the end of YE 32 or so.

I know a lot of the interior descriptions are extremely general, but for a station of this size, writing everything in detail would be arduous task as would reading them. Especially with the civilian nature of the station meaning the interior can change from time to time.

I know this could be a major setting element, so I would like to make sure this is checked over thoroughly and given a proper decision.

Thank you.

The Wiki said:
Permanent staff of Sector Seven wear a special insignia, which is a patch that looks like a seven ball from pool, with the letters 'SS' In black Gothic letters on the front.

No offense, but that just sounds too Nazi-esque.

Only if the two "S" are crisscrossing each other, which I doubt.

And Kai, I would love you forever if you totally made them creepy Nazis.

Because no secret R&D program is complete without its own Nazi conspiracy.

except a 7 ball is very red and differently shaped, plus is Gothic script, not Lighting bolt-S's.

I'm enjoying how, with the whole 40-kilometer space station, the one thing everyone is talking about is the mild reference to the German SS.

Does anyone have any comments about the station itself?

Just a couple of things that I've seen so far,

Where is this station going to be constructed, and where will it be operating.

On a technical issue, your image does not agree with one aspect.

The Arms are listed as 1 KM in height, and you say that Sector Nine is supposed to be 4 KM but that ring appears to be only slighty higher than the radial arms.

Also the shield strength doesn't conform to the Damage Rating page. Even if Origin only had Standard Shields it should have 100 * .6 = 60 SP I guess if you really want such weak shields it would be okay. But I can't see a rationale for it.

Just for starters.
Nashoba.

The station will be constructed and operating Here, As Origin has Mobile construction platforms that can build it there.

The Shields start off very weak because the main shield generator systems aren't even going to be built until the third phase of the station's construction, so it only has light defenses at first and will initially have to rely on outside help for defense. If you read closely it has SP values that differ between the three stages, as well as those shield ratings.

On the size issue, I've gone and fixed it.

Kai,
I saw the increase in the Hull and Shields through each phase. Just wasn't sure what the rationale for the shield strength was, since the only phase that even mentioned shields was Three.

This review is for: ORIN Orbital Shipyards (OOSY)

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[x] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[-] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[-]Lacking Detail

The article has…
[x] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[x] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[x] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
** This article describes an object that has clearly defined stages, but there is nothing on the page that says what stage the item is currently at.

Note here if any minor issues are present. These are issues you would like to see changed but will not necessarily hold up approval
** Article has a small number of typos scattered throughout.

Notes
Kai please include a table somewhere in this document that gives the status of the phases. So that someone who happens upon this can clearly tell what stage of development the station is in. eg
- Phase 1 under construction, target for completion 9 YE31.
- Phase two under development
- Phase three in planning

Table has been added. No issues remain

Code:
===== Construction =====
The OOSY is currently under construction, and is projected to be complete by late [[:ye 32]].
^ Phase ^ Status ^ Estimated Completion ^
| [[#phase 1|Construction Phase 1]] | In Progress | Late [[:YE 31]] |
| [[#phase 2|Construction Phase 2]] | Final Design Drafting | Mid-[[:YE 32]] |
| [[#phase 3|Construction Phase 3]] | Preliminary Drafting | Late [[:YE 32]] |

Love, Teddo

Awesome. Thank you. Now Origin can keep on moving. let's hope the starmap gets updated soon.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…