Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Origin] SS Raider, Third Refit.

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
SS Raider, Third Refit.

This has been sitting around on the Wiki for a rather long time, waiting for an IC reason to happen; With the Raider getting pounded at the end of the last RP I used it in, It's ICly in dock for repairs, so now's as good a time as any for an upgrade of this older ship class.

It's stats are a little bit beefed up beyond what they probably should be, but it's a one-of-a-kind specialty ship that has a colorful history and won't be seeing much action, and is more of an expensive toy than anything I'm trying to set a precedence with.

Heavy Laser turret: 16, SDR 3 (Housed in a recess near the bridge, eight below the wing stubs, eight above, eight on each side)

Wouldn't that make like, 24-32? Or do you mean that is how many of the original sixteen are facing that given area? It wasn't wholly clear.

There's only sixteen, I was just trying to say where they are carried on the ship. you can actually see them on the model (though I actually goofed up their scale a bit)

forward

The forward section of the Raider 3 generates simple Navigational shielding, which allows the ship to run with a smaller sensor signature. This shielding system, however, does not help much against weapons. SDR 1

I assume this is factored into the final shield SDR right? Also. May want to comb through the article again. Got some stray capital letters and lower cases in the wrong places.

I think, for the shielding, they are two separate systems that cannot be on at the same time. The smaller one is useless against anything other than Space debris though, and counts as no shields in a fight.

As for the capitals and whatnot, I'll run it through another word processor and see how many it will filter out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back