• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

DR Update Only Origin Starfighter Shield Boosting pods

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:shield-boosting-pods
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Updating these to DRv3; the current page is definitely written with V2 rules in mind. As such, I'm changing it from the current "Makes shields count as advanced and adds two shield points" and making it instead be "Creates a secondary, backup shield around the craft" in accordance with This part of DRV3.

Approved. Please link that part of the DRv3 article around a relevant portion of the text during your update. Once you've made the changes, let me know and I'll tag this thread, move it, and add the approval note to the article.

Some requests/suggestions for the article itself:
  • Can you update the article to a current template ( like https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=templates:component ) when you're making the change? No need to go super in-depth or create prose/images that you didn't already have unless you feel its appropriate.
  • A small mention of what the booster does for craft without shields would be helpful. I think its obvious, but no harm in being explicit.
  • How many pods does it take for a craft to get the full benefits of the pod/s? Does the amount change with craft size, are the pods scaled to fit the craft, etc.
  • In the case that you need multiples, is the 14% speed reduction per pod or total?
These aren't requirements, but I think they'd make the clarity of the article and help keep the wiki looking nice.

Thanks!

Copy! I have updated the page, taking into consideration everything that you said. I increased the power drain from 14% (random number) to 15% (easier to math). swapped everything to the new template, and explained what happens when you add multiple, or if a ship had no shields to begin with. Hope this all helps!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back