• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Origin [Origin] The Beginnings of a Fruitful Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Inactive Member
Yera sat on his chair, in the center of his ship's bridge. As he looked over at his two friends, Jor and Hikari, he finally felt relieved. Though they had lost a detrimental amount of sleep during the past few days, they had been able to secure an employment opportunity with the company they decided to emulate.

Although it was a shame that Yera's staff had been annihilated in the pirate attack, along with a valuable ship, Yera almost felt excited. Origin Industries was a great company, one of the most active designers on the universal stage to be sure. If the designs that the lucky man had managed to save on his jump-drive were to secure him any merit, it would be amazing to see it rooted with the staff at Origin.

As Yera pondered this, the JISS Valiance was coming into orbit over Yami. We're finally here. It will be good to actually set foot on a planet after this long pirate scare and space-born voyage.

Activating the ship's communications system, Yera brought up a voice-link to what seemed to be Origin's control center. "This is Yera Kamin, owner of the JISS Valiance and Jodai Industries, requesting landing permission. I believe that Ms. Tatst is expecting us."

"This is Origin control" A voice responded. "We're feeding you a course now" it said, and sure enough, a landing course file was sent up, prompting the pilot to open it. "Miss Tatst is indeed expecting you. You're lucky she's here now, normally, she is off doing things in her ship."

"Indeed, I seem to have luck on my side since the incident. Thank you control, we'll be down momentarily." Yera responded, a broad grin on his face. "I appreciate the prompt response."

The JISS Valiance was taken in on the vectors they were given, though slowly because of the new terrain. The large ship found its way to what looked like a landing pad outside of a manufacturing facility. After setting down, Yera turned to his boys and smiled. "Looks like we have an appointment to get to, guys."

The three men found their way outside and stood by their ship, not really sure what to do afterwards. They were all dressed in their best business attire, with the addition of a pair of sunglasses for Yera.

A green hovercar Sped to the Valiance, a small figure at the controls, black hair flowing behind her head. Before too long, the vehicle came to a stop next to the Trio. The door opened, revealing a tiny Yamataian woman dressed in a variant of the Origin Industries Uniform. She walked up to the men, and bowed politely before offering a hand to Yera. "Yera Kamin I presume?" She asked, before continuing "I'm Aerin Tatst, we spoke before, over the comm network I believe? Do you find our facilities to your liking so far?"

"Yes ma'am, I am in fact Yera Kamin. It is a pleasure to meet you." The man said, taking her hand and shaking it. "And yes, of small amount of the facility we have seen, I like it. It definitely trumps our old production ship."

As Yera let go of Aerin's hand, he looked back at his two partners. "Let me introduce you to my partners, Jor Cilphas and Hikari Shoria. They are unfortunately the only other members of my company left."

"Pleased to meet you, Yera" Aerin responded, taking back her hand. "I really am sorry about your loss. It's my hope that you can have a new start here, and we can help each other prevent a disaster such as yours." Her eyes showed that she was sincere, but her body language showed she was still tentatively ready for business. it seemed she was lightly overdoing it, as if she was only fairly new to the game of business. "If you and your associates would hop in my car, I'll take you to the headquarters. You don't mind if my employees tend to your ship, do you?"

Yera nodded when she talked about "his losses", expressing his own sorrow for his fallen crewmembers. However, he perked up slightly when the woman invited him into the facility. A smile donned upon his lips and his collegues seemed eager to get in the car as well.

"Of course they can tend to the ship, ma'am." Yera responded, a curt hand motion signalling for her to show them the way. "After all, you all built it. We don't really have anything of secrecy in there at the moment anyways. It will all be yours soon enough, I hope."

"Someone of the position you're aiming for has the right to keep their ships as personal property, so thatmay not be true. But let's head off." She walked over to her vehicle, which was floating about half a meter off the ground, and opened the door, moving her seat forward so Yera's associates could sit in the back.

Yera and the duo of co-designers all climbed into the car, content with whatever spot they were offered. Yera looked at the passenger seat and walked around to it, climbing in slowly and humbly. None of them were from a "well-founded" upbringing, so the concept of being in an exective's car was overwhelming.

With Yera and his designers aboard, Aerin hopped into the driver's seat and started the vehicle. It hummed lightly as the tiny woman warned "Buckle up!" She waited a few moments, until she heard three clicks of the seatbelts, and blasted off, a slightly louder hum, almost a roar, coming from the car's inner workings and the thrusters on the back. A slightly triangular building rose in front of them, they were obviously headed for it, and at great speed, as evidenced by the wind whistling past and tousling the hair of all four passengers of the open-topped vehicle. In what seemed like a matter of seconds (and in fact was with the heavy foot of the driver) they were slowing to a stop in front of the doors to the building, swinging around and coming to a stop next to the entryway.

As the car came to a complete stop, Aerin hopped out, opening her door as quickly as she could and moving the seat to let Jor and Hikari out of the vehicle. "This is our administrative building, here we'll go through all the pertinient information about being a membor of Origin Industries, and give you a few tests to see your skill level. Shall we?" she asked, indicating the doors.

Yera nodded and motioned for the other two to follow him. They all hopped out of the car without a hitch, thankfully, and stepped in behind Aerin. Before she had a chance to lead them inside, Yera spoke up.

"I would like to thank you once again for offering us a position at all, it means a lot to me Ms. Tatst." Yera bowed to the point where his hip joints seemed that they would dislocate if he lowered himself anymore. "In my gratitude, I spent three nights in a row designing for you...well...I suppose this paperwork is more important. But, I promise you, if we are on the team you will see results immediately."

"It's no problem, Mr. Kamin" Aerin returned politely, before hearing the hiss of the door behind her. An old Nepleslian man by the name of Rob Robertson the third came out, in a very hurried manner, muttering "Excuse me" before leaning in to Aerin's ear and whispering something to her. "I see. Go along with it then, I don't want us caught with out pants down and we can survive on what we have for a while. Get it moving, so I can bring Mr Kamin and his colleagues into the system."

With a bit of a sigh and a headshake, Aerin turned back to her guests "It appears we'll have to hurry today. You have no problem working from your ship, do you? I can have a technician install a Destiny package in your craft to give you more computing power, if you'd like" She waited a moment to see her guests' responses.

The three men shook their heads in unison, but as before, only Yera spoke up. "We have no problem working from our ship...but I thought we had some kind of test on our hands or something. Regardless, we are up for whatever work you are willing to give us, Ms. Tatst. We will do our best."

"We still have time to give you the test, but it seems we may have to move off planet soon" Aerin said, sounding mildly distracted. "Come on inside, we'll get you set up, and I'll call the technicians to switch out your computers. Is there any information on that ship's computer that you wish to keep?" the tiny woman asked, moving towards the door, and heading inside as she spoke.

Yera shook his head and grinned. "Nah, I thought ahead ma'am. All of the important designs and personal logs are on the drive in my pocket. It seems we are on the same page. Just lead the group ma'am, and we will follow you to whatever test you feel like giving us."

The man ran a hand back through his hair and sighed, it was going to be a long day. His new company was already having some major problem that was unknown to him. Oh well, it was work.

Aerin took the group into the building and several floors up, into a meeting room of some sort. The men were given Engineering tasks, simple at first but getting more and more complex. soon it was clear that Yera was the most proficient among them, and after several hours, Aerin seemed satisfied by their performance, and entered all their information in to the company's central computers, creating dossiers, setting up payment accounts, and ordering the company uniforms and other such things for the men. By the next day, they should be mostly integrated into Origin Industries.

(OOC: Yes. I believe this makes a good enough Introduction of characters for the time being, and helps set up several of my plans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back