• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Origin] Versa Light Vehicle

I realized I had forgotten something, so I've mildly updated the model and the article.

As a polluting vehicle, this will be illegal on many Yamataian worlds. Just so you know.

I did not know that. In that case let me make it so there's an electric version run by batteries.

You might want to include a solar panel option, to allow recharging in the field.

Wes is going to be annoyed by all the Emails about Wiki updates coming from me fixing stuff. But thank you for the idea. I will add that.

This review is for: Versa Light Vehicle

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[x] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[-] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[x] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[-] Lacking Detail
[x] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[x] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[x] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[X] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.
** Short description of the issue. If a longer explanation is needed, put it in Notes.

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

Spelling: Electic • Compustion

Wiki Yamataian laws

Missing Details:
Width is not listed in dimensions.
Range needs to include the other modes.

I fixed the spelling mistakes.

I added the width.

For the life of me, I cannot find the law prohibiting 'polluting vehicles' on the Wiki. If someone could provide a link, I would happily add it to my article.

I added some more fluff about the suspension, nothing particularly special.

And explain what you mean by other modes? If you mean the other gears, the fuel range would not significantly change for changing gears.

Electric: Due to Yamataian laws, Combustion powered vehicles are prohibited on several planets, so there is an Electric version available, which uses an electric motor and batteries instead of a combustion engine and fuel tank. It gives the vehicle roughly the same performance and range, but takes One hour to fully charge, as opposed to minutes or less to fill the fuel tank.
o
Solar Panel: The Electric version comes with an optional Solar panel roof, which can extend the range of the vehicle by about double, as long as it is sunny. So long as the vehicle is not moving, the Solar panel can fully charge it in about two hours. Price: 200 KS Extra

Fusion: The Fusion powered version of the Versa is actually an electric powered vehicle, with a very small fusion power generator in place of the Batteries or fuel tank. The Fuel cells for the fusion Generator last for about 10,000 miles before replacement is needed.

Those list the range, and have been there as long as both of those variants have been on the page.

As for the Law page, I fail to see the purpose of linking an incorrect page which does not include the pertinent information. It's like linking to a page about Chinese food when I am talking about chocolate. But if you really insist, I can link that, but I will feel a bit silly doing so.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back