• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Origin] VM4 Garuda

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
This submission remains rejected because both the 'I will complete this review by' date has passed and the civilian submission remains rejected.

The submission will be looked at again when the civilian submission has been approved.

( Moved to NTSE )

Could you fix the link for us, Five?

Based on the Hull and Integrated Systems page the Garuda should only have 15 SP.

Some of the weapons don’t match up with their wiki descriptions for range.

This submission has shields, but the Garuda’s shields aren’t listed on the wiki page for standard systems.

The wiki internal frame systems has a lot of things that are for a specific unit, you need to specify which are for the M4.

I'd like to ask what the point for making this thing transformable is. The technology to reach all these specs with Mecha alone is already plausible, things like acceleration aren't well defined on the site, moving fast in atmosphere can be accomplished with shields (though the Mach 3.4 vs Mach 6 is noted, it's not really enough to justify alone) , and it limits its AMBAC and weapons capabilities.

What aside from rule of cool justifies adding this transformable system? What special thing can it do that absolutely requires transforming? Why waste the resources on a more costly and harder to repair transformable?

I'm not bashing the transformable niche, I might make my own someday if I can think of a good reason -- I just think a convincing and concrete reason for it should be stated. Some non game-breaking yet notable starfighter-eqsue capability that the Mecha simply can't use or something. The change in atmospheric speed is a start, but not enough alone to justify the cost or the complexity in my mind.

Also, Omni-Directional Vectored Thrusting translates at minimum to whiplash and at worst to a destroyed frame since this thing it light. It's not like a CDD, where such force isn't actually exerted for instantaneous movement.

The Ionic Pulse Weapon and Gamma Ray Vulcan have different ranges listed on their wiki pages and in this article.

“capable of halting the frame's forward movement and propelling it backwards within 1/100th of a second” is a bit much. That would be like getting hit with an SDR2-3 weapon. Acceleration is way out of hand as it is but that is above and beyond what is acceptable. At the very least take out the numbers that define its acceleration (propelling it backwards within 1/100th of a second).

Toshiro’s concerns are valid, but there are no rules against having a system with unnecessary complexity. That is something that characters have to deal with on the IC end and will likely translate fairly realistically too with people opting to buy fighter craft/shuttles/whathaveyou that are easier to maintain, cheaper to build, and have more features.

Toshiro said:
What aside from rule of cool justifies adding this transformable system? What special thing can it do that absolutely requires transforming? Why waste the resources on a more costly and harder to repair transformable?

That is mostly his justification for many things.

Also, Vaake, there should be some mechanic for the kibble on the Garuda's back to fold it down into a backpack, since it has a really dorky looking side profile.

You missed one of the references to transformation mechanisms under hull systems if it is your intent to remove the fighter transformation mode.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…