• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Oswulf opens one omnithread of origins 'opefully.

oswulf

Inactive Member
Oswulf searched. Unsatisfied with political simulations, with simple writing, with the woeful lack of roleplay in his life over the past decade he launched forth into the internet, scouting through the world wide web in search of... He was uncertain precisely what he was searching for but conceived a google search including terms like "literary" and "roleplay".

Stumbling across a clearinghouse of a site, he glanced over it. For some reason he couldn't quite put his finger upon he clicked through to a site entitled "stararmy". He glanced over the site, found it interesting if perhaps a bit too complicated and militaristic. Then he went on his way, perhaps wasting valuable time in the sinister lair of facebook and consuming edible items (No sugary snacks this week. Except soda. Soda officially does not count as a sugary snack.)

Later that evening, Oswulf remained unfulfilled, adrift in a sea of meaninglessness. Finding nothing to be of interest on the PBEM website, he decided to return to that space-roleplay website he had seen. But at first he could not locate it. At last, he remembered the google search that had originally located his quarry containing that term "literary" and made his way back. Looking around a bit more, Oswulf was impressed by the useful collection of listed roleplays, helping to narrow down what one might be in search of, to narrow down what was active and what might best match his style.

It wasn't until the next day that he actually got around to composing something in the introduction thread. He would have uploaded an avatar, but he kept going in circles about building avatar and board presence around a character for a roleplay which might not even be approved and the need to actually have a board presence in the first place.

He closed his eyes momentarily and clicked the "create thread" button. No need to ramble on in the introduction (too late) for there would be plenty of time to respond and interact within the thread after it had come into existence.

I'm glad you found your way back! It's good to have you here. I'm always glad to see new faces on the forums. My name is Wes, and I'm Star Army's original founder guy and webmaster. I can help you answer your Star Army Roleplay (SARP for short) questions as they arise. RP on Star Army usually comes in two main forms:
  • Open RP, in the Open RP forum (fairly new, this forum allows anyone to start or join RP with minimal fuss
  • RP in subforums, the longer-running roleplaying plots that have deeper stories, but require the GM's permission to join.
You're welcome to join either or both.

Thank you for the welcome. Now I suppose I should finish the character and ask the GM for permission to enter. Or, perhaps, ask the GM for permission to enter and how I should go about finishing the character.

Not to mention making a second character to dance through open RP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back