• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [Ottyo] Cyclic Ion Thrusters

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Delayed approval: Unless anyone objects, this submission will automatically be approved in 3 days.

Heads up: You can vary some of this in software control and vector the thrust without the use of any heavy shielding, deflection or pistons and mechanisms to drive any of it. When a magnetic field moves through a torus (specifically a rodin coil), it has a phase -- how often it twists. Say for example, its going at 60mhz. If you pulse the amperage when it gets to a specific known position in that rotation, the thrust will be biased in that direction. The result is depending on where you time and put the bias pulse and how often, you can even split the thrust stream or further compress or decompress it which can up your thrust or be used for emergency cooling in lower compression-rates if your torus is also a radiator.

I don't think I'll be using your suggestion Osaka, since the Rodin Coil seems to have some pseudoscience controversy to it. @Wes - can you go ahead and move this into the approved section please?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…