• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Ottyo] Mini-Grenade 'Mini-Miller'

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Mini-Grenade
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=royal_defense_initiative:miller_mini_grenade

Faction:
FM Approval: Yes
Faction Art Requirement: No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles: No
Contains New Art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

This is a general purpose miniature arc-grenade intended for use by power armors and hard suits. Unlike mini-missiles, these don't dedicate space to propulsion and guidance systems. As a result, their construction is completely focused on producing damage, giving them a bigger punch in exchange for having to be thrown.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Overall the article looks good. My issue is with the Damage Rating.
3 is considered the damage that a Mecha weapon can do. This is a personal weapon which means it must be limited to 1 ADR.

Oh no, it's meant to be used by their PA equivalent, not infantry. Personnel level body armor systems wouldn't have the energy density needed to charge these grenades. What I had in mind for this was that instead of using mini-missiles, they use these instead. The grenades do more damage than the missiles because they don't sacrifice room for propulsion or guidance systems. Every bit of mass and volume is instead devoted to lethality. In exchange, they have a steeper learning curve and require more skill to make the most of them.

Okay, please make sure that is clarified in the text, and we'll be good to go.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back