• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Ottyo] Modular Solid Volumetric Tool System "Switzer"

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Multi-Tool/Weapon
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:modular_solid_volumetric_tool_system

Faction:
FM Approved: Yes
Faction requires art: No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles: Yes
Contains New art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

After thinking about it, I realized that this tech was very flexible and could be used in a variety of instances. Because of that, I didn't want to make multiple articles for what would be essentially the same device in a different configuration or shell/body. As a result, I went ahead and made this; it's not only used in the place of a variety of tools, but also as a weapon when properly configured. Besides acting as a nice weapon for these antagonists, I'm hoping that this will also be a nice prize for PCs to earn through RP.

Its unapproved sub-article would be Combat Volumetrics; though it was supposed to be approved in a previous thread, it was overlooked as a sub-article to a sub-article, so I'm putting it up here for a closer inspection.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's meant to be a melee weapon for their hardsuits though, their PA equivalents. That should clear it for the ADR rating right?

Can that be made expressly clear higher up in the article? Because I find hardsuit twice in it so far, both times mixed into lower elements.

I still don't like the submission, but that's hardly a barrier to its approval.

Sure. But I think I got a better idea. What if the default emitter was only 'tool grade', and required an improved 'weapons grade' emitter for anti-armor work?

Also, since you do mention your dislike, I'll take a bite; what's on your mind?

No, it doesn't need that change. It just needs to say, expressly and higher up, that it's for hardsuits only.

It's Mass Effect. It's totally Mass Effect. And while we all take things we love from other places and find a way for them to be woven into SARP, this feels very clearly and distinctly Mass Effect.

I added a quick insert into the About section - tell me if that's good, or if I should really go into it a bit.

And, well, you might get a kick out of this; I wasn't even thinking about Mass Effect. I was thinking of Doctor Who and his Sonic Screwdriver that'd fix anything. And after I thought of something that'd do the trick, I asked myself if it was a waste to just limit it to only menial work, so went and weaponized it. Because it was a volumetric weapon, I was already thinking about all the ways the users could dress up their blade. One might want it to look like green translucent glass with some strands of gold in it, and another might want it to look like a red hot steel sword for an example. Now that you point out the Mass Effect though, I'm not sure what to think.

It doesn't matter, honestly. Like I said, my not liking it isn't a hold-up to its approval. We've gone over this before with regards to your race and such.

Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back