• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Packrat-class Cargo Ship

The damage rating for the grapplers is way too high for what are essentially tiny space hands. I mean that in the context that they're too small and simple to be able to deal as much damage as a mid-sized nuclear weapon impact, by what is implied to be punching or grabbing things.

That rating is more for the pulser beams, which are elaborated upon in the grappler article in the wiki.

Edit: Completely redid the Grapplers' specs.

One small issue, the engines are mounted way out of line with the center of gravity. Which means that the craft will go into an inverted loop.

Good point, gravimetric engines would also be the most power intensive engine that you can use and it says they were selected for 'power considerations'.

Hmm...in that case, what kinds of engines would you recommend? I'd seen Gravimetric Engines in use on Antimatter craft and on things like early Power Armor, so I considered them in the "energy efficient" niche.

No objections.

Edited to have Nuclear Fusion Thrusters instead, and have grapplers aid in load balancing.

Good enough for me. You've gone out of your way to resolve all of the issues that have been raised, so I think this is a done deal.

This submission is approved for IC usage.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…