• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Panopteles-Class

Aendri

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Ship, Weapon
Submission URL: Here.

Faction: Elysian Celestial Navy (10th/11th fleets, SAOY)
FM Approved Yet? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes
Standard Service Rifle
Standard Phasic Missiles
Mini Probes
Not really new, but renamed an moved to its own page: Standard Battle Cannons
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: Limited run ship, meant for use in my eventual plot to revive the Elysians. All of the Sub-Articles will eventually be used in other Elysian submissions though, so while the ship itself is limited in number, the sub-items are not.

I very much so welcome tips and critiques, because I actively avoid tech on a regular basis, so I'm not too sure of myself here.

You say this was FM approved but I do not remember you asking me about adding a new ship class to the Star Army fleets. As it is, I am trying hard to reduce the huge variety of ships Yamatai uses and to phase out Elysian-specific ships entirely. The reason we recommend getting FM approval before spending time making stuff is so this sort of thing does not happen.

Like the article says, this ship isn't meant to go into production within the year even, most likely, and it's meant mainly for a plotship, not for fleet combat. I even specified it's unsuited for such use in the article itself, in the... role and mission specializations sections, I believe. This ship class is meant almost entirely for solo missions, out away from combat, and only loosely attached to any given fleet even if it does end up being produced.

Also, like I mentioned earlier this morning, when last we'd talked, you'd approved of me standing in as Elysian FM, with the eventual goal of them being a faction of their own in the end. That's a fairly impossible (not to mention pointless) goal if I'm not even allowed to give the Elysians any unique tools, since Yamatai is more major and therefore a more appealing faction to most players.

Would you be okay it was approved as a unique ship?

That would be fine, to be honest. It's meant to be a prototype regardless at this point, and it was never meant for mass production. Just a couple throughout the entire military if it went well.

It's not fleet warfare capable, it's not large enough to carry troops or cargo, and it's not well suited for diplomacy due to low armor. So it's of limited use regardless of how many there are. It's meant to be the kind of ship you'd make ten of, point them off into some random direction away from your territory, and say "go find something interesting".

The other thing is that while I'm fine with the ship itself being unique, the subarticles are all things that are either on other ships or I want to try and replace current tech with, so an update on what the opinion on those is would be wonderful.

I don't feel there is anything wrong here, though I'll hold off for a day or two before stamping it with my approval. That said, I'll take another gander through the submission just in case I've missed anything.

Alright, the ship itself is Approved.
The Rifle is Approved.
And the Probes are Approved..
The Missiles are Pending. Until you or I can get a more definite answer out of Wes regarding Phasing Tech for Elysia.

I've already given him the info regarding its capabilities just didn't get anything concrete on the answer.

Let's start with the sub-articles...

Rifle: The article is fine, but rules require all ammo to be on its own article.

Missiles: This page needs an H1 header and links to other wiki pages. The first sentence is a sentence fragment. Please avoid using line breaks where possible. Please change them to bullets.

Probe: Tachyon sensors are questionable. No details are given on the sensors.

-Scratches the side of his cheek- I assume the sensors operate on the same principals as all of the other tachyon doodads in the setting.

Header has been updated to be a size bigger, but the new system you have doesn't have H1-5 anymore, Wes.

Tachyon sensors are VERY common in other sensor packages, so I see no reason a probe specifically designed to be a wide range sensor relay wouldn't have them too. I can list out examples of other systems with the tachyon sensors if you'd like. Also, what kind of detail are you looking for on the sensors? I have a range listed for the probe as a whole (and the range for each individual sensor varies based on how many others are active), and I have the types available.

Do I really need a brand new page for the ammo? It would end up being about 1 or 2 sentences in total if I did. It's not a ammo caliber that's commonly used, and I have no plans to reuse it, so...

Also, it should be pointed out that the missiles are the only part of this that aren't approved.

Actually it is there, its the large H with a little arrow in the corner, when you click it you get the old options

Thanks for that, Nash. I've just been doing my coding from memory since the switch, since I've got most of it memorized, but that will help.

Sublight Engines: 0.4c (can boost to 0.99c for up to 60 seconds, to 0.85c for 120 seconds, or to 0.65c for 180 seconds)
Doublers and boosters were banned as of Jan 1, 2011.

Images: Can you do a negative image of the white images and then paint the black background in wiki colors? that would help a lot.

Interior compartments: Much of these seem to be copy pasta from other ships like the Lilea. Please move the compartments into their own articles and then link both ship to the common descriptions. Copypasta should be avoided wherever possible.

The Panopteles has a total of 18 escape pods
Escape pods, being a vehicle, should have their own article. These are probably the same type that other Elysian ships use so it'd be best to just have them all link to the escape pod article.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=el ... c_missiles is severely lacking description.

Boost removed.

No, I honestly can't do any of that. I'm working off of a touchpad and MSPaint, and I can barely do that. It took me way too long to make those in the first place to have any desire to try and change them that massively. If you'll do it for me, I'll switch them out just fine though.

Got both of the ship's systems that were copypasta moved onto a new page for both the Lilaea and the Panopteles. None of the compartments are copies, so...

As for the missiles, Doc offered to detail them for me, and I hope that it's enough. If it's not, I'm not quite sure what else would be needed.

Okay. There's two armories, you could probably convert one into a bathroom.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back