Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Paragon being used in the 4th Fleet

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
I wasn't consulted or asked about this.... as since most of the terms used to describe these individuals have been Paragon as in presently operational rather for former Paragon members I must protest. Since right now there can only honestly be three groups of this particular organization left, the active group being one operating under its former head and former Red Colonel Lang. The next being those who are ex-Paragon and presently operating wherever they honestly feel like it (this includes player characters). The final group being those that Ira controls within the Gart Union. In the end I must ask that you stop using the first, especially since you included in your plot without my permission.

On my end, as i said the Paragon branch on Shara is pretty chill. Like wise you are welcome to them since you did create them. That being said I do like them where they are.

I do think consulting people on using their creations is a must. Some members on sarp feel entitled to do what they want. This is not the case. So yea, I see what you mean Arieg.

1) No information on Paragon existed or was present at the time of launch. Very little information is currently available.

2) You were not present on the site when this was launched. You were, if i recall correctly, under a self-imposed exile. Wes had banned you upon your request.

Ergo, I fail to see what I could have done when there was no information on the wiki since you deleted everything and you, yourself, were not present. Lacking any notes regarding oversight, the fictional unnamed NPCs revert to being public GM tools. Others have used them as well, I might add. If you don't want them touched, do not leave their fate ambiguous and leave a note. No information + No Arieg = Public Domain. The argument can be made they are still public domain as there is no approved wiki page outlining their situation and that since the company itself doesn't exist, you cannot control every single, innumerable NPC.

Though, you have to admit that they have, under my usage, had their most significant action to date. Almost succeeding in the assassination of Grand Admiral Valken twice and starting a minor battle in the colonial capital.

Their use was already planned to be ended after this mission and they should not feature in 4th Fleet following this current mission. You don't want them used - don't delete all of the pages and ban yourself without leaving any notes on their use or who the caretaker is.

EDIT: An understanding has been reached.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back