Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP (non-canon) Pavone's Bizarre Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
(Based loosely on the works of Hirohiko Araki - I'm writing this since I've little else to do at the moment since everything is going very slowly.)

It is currently YE82.

The exploits of Luca Pavone were known far and wide and have faded into legend. In YE54, he hung up his weapons and coat, dissolve the ISC Phoenix, and tried to lead a normal life, which coincided with his marriage to Hitori Sasorix in YE37. They had a daughter named Alessandra and a son named Clive.

Sebastian Pavone died in YE36, following a final showdown with Cain, wherein he decapitated the megalomaniac and jumped into the vacuum of space between Nepleslia and Yamatai with the head in his grasp. Their bodies were never found.

NOW...

"Catch the ball, Taro!" Alessandra's motherly words could be heard.
"Good luck at the track meet, Taro!" She reverberated the achievements and good times with her son. Alessandra was married to Joseph Hanley-Lewis, a musician who travelled abroad.
"You're such a fine boy, Taro!"

"Taro! Taro! Taro!" His mother kept calling!
"SHUT, THE HELL, UP! CRIPES!!" Taro was irritated at his mother's droning as he confined himself to a large jail cell in Tokyo.
"Taro, please, come out!"
"No, piss off," Taro was well over 6 feet tall, had his grandfather's eyes, a similar hairstyle, and was clad in a school uniform, jacket, pants, shoes and a hat - encrusted in punk paraphernalia. He was lying down on the bunk that the jail cell had provided, "I have to stay here - there's something wrong with me..."

"Taro Hanley-Lewis, eh?" One of the policewomen stood next to Alessandra, unannounced, "He's in here because 4 punks tried to rough him up. Two were armed, the other was a professional boxer, but he managed to put all of them in hospital without taking a scratch!"
"He's usually not a violent boy!" Alessandra defended her son vainly.
"Well, you see, he's not in the wrong since he acted in self-defence, he's put himself in here by choice, babbling about some 'Hidden Power', but he cannot stay here, this isn't a hotel..."

The sound of a canned drink being opened could be heard, the policewoman immediately turned around, surprised. Taro had managed to procure himself a beer, but from where?
"Did you...?" The policeman looked at Alessandra, she shook her head, "But how...?"
Taro drank the beer in three gulps and crushed the can in his hand. His next action was to reach into his shadow and pull out a radio and a magazine about cars.

"How did you get those!?" The policewoman stumbled over her words, "We don't allow anything like that in these cells!"
"It's what's wrong with me!" Taro stood up and took off his hat, "I have something inside of me, it attached itself to me a few days ago, and it's bringing me things!" He took a step forward, a metre away from the bars of the jail cell, "And that's not the scariest part, watch this..." He held up his hand and pointed it towards the policewoman's sidearm. What appeared to be an ethereal second arm rose out of his hand and grabbed the gun, pulling it into Taro's grasp, but only Alessandra and Taro could see this.
"Watch this," He pointed the gun to his head, about a foot away, pulling the hammer back.
"NO!" Alessandra and the Policewoman were scared beyond belief.

BANG! - Taro's head was not injured at all, in fact, it didn't even reach his head. The second arm coming out of him had caught the bullet in mid-air, it looked as though it was levitating. It dropped the bullet on the ground.
"I have to stay here... and figure this crazy power I've got out..."
Alessandra was shocked, she had very little to explain this. She had a hunch that Luca, her father had been doing research on this sort of thing, the paranormal and unknown. She decided to call him over, maybe he'll be able to help his grandson.

--- PAUSE...

A public spaceflight was coming in from Nepleslia, Alessandra waited patiently for the plane to land and waited for her father to show up.

An old man in a long trenchcoat, a fedora, a white singlet and jeans came through the arrivals door. He had aged with grace over the years, retaining shreds of his former glory, and had a nice beard to show for it. He immediately noticed Alessandra.
"Outta my way!" The elderly Luca pushed his way past other passengers with surprising speed into Alessandra with his bag rolling along behind him.
"Dad!" Alessandra gave her dad a big hug, "You got here so quickly! Where's mum?"
"Oh, I told her this was Phoenix Company related work, so she wouldn't be interested," He nodded, "I'd leap dimensions to help you out! Anyway, what's the problem?"
"Taro, he..."

She went on to explain the details of Taro's newfound and strange powers.
"Strange powers, eh?" Luca nodded, "One day I decided to do research into that when I was a kid, I thought I had some sort of power - but I realised that it was just myself... however, this seems to be a special case."
Another figure who was sitting at gates to the airport, clad in a heavy trenchcoat and hat began to follow Luca, he took note of this and let him follow.

SOON ENOUGH...

Taro had filled his cell with even more strange items, ranging from occult and magic books, sunglasses, bicycles and clothes racks packed with clothes to whatever else you could name on your fingers and toes. He was nonchalantly sitting on his bed, looking at everything he'd managed to procure.

"More stuff..." The supervising policewoman was getting restless with was going on in this jail cell. It'd been less than a day for all of this to happen. She just felt like going home, but she had to watch this boy.
The elderly Luca had walked in with Alessandra by his side. The policewoman immediately intervened.
The person in the trenchcoat had also come in, unannounced, but nobody said a word.
"Hey, this matter is ours and ours alone," The policewoman told the elderly Luca while waggling a finger at him, "If my superiors find out about this, it's my job on the line."
"He's my grandson, I've got it from here."

"Grand-son?" Taro looked over the bed and noticed his grand father, "God damn, they've bought in the big guns, eh?"
"Get over here," Luca asserted.
Taro stood up, walking through a path of all of the items he'd acquired and stood eye-to-eye with Luca. The two were almost equal in height and very similar in build.

The old man swung the door open, "You're coming out of this jail cell, you understand?" Taro defiantly slammed the door in his face.
"I've got some evil powers, and I don't know what they'll make me do next," He held up something that'd come out of Luca's top pocket, a lollipop.
How did he...? Damn, I didn't notice! Luca looked at the piece of candy.
"I have to stay here and figure this out myself." He threw the candy back to his grandfather and turned around.
"I wouldn't have come here unless I truly knew what was going on!" Luca looked to the man in the trenchcoat and gave him a nod, "It's your turn to shine. If my boy won't listen to reason, he'll find meaning through pain. This is a friend of mine I met on Kohana, he too has an 'Evil Power'..."

The figure in the overcoat took off his hat and revealed himself at last. A Kohanian with lupine facial features, brown fur, greying muzzle, short whiskers, and yellow eyes. His ears had a pair of ankh-shaped earrings at the base of each ear.
"A Kohanian!?" The policewoman was surprised, "What are you-?!"
"We have this under control," Luca replied calmly.

"Mr. Pavone, I may have to get a bit rough," The Kohanian warned as he put his arms out and waved them about himself in a fluid, yoga-like motion, "But sometimes it takes pain to make an idiot see reason."

"Don't worry, you can do as you must to get my grandson out of the cell," Luca replied, he then looked to Taro, "This is Feyndal Dracar, I met him in YE77 when he wanted to contribute to my research, with demonstrations of cryokinetic power."

"You say you have an evil power..." Dracar stated as he finally struck a strong pose with his index fingers pointed to Taro. Taro immediately begun to feel a bit stiff, as though a chill had entered the room, "Yet! It caters for your every whim."
He flung his arms out, and a cloud of frost enveloped the bars of the jail cell, and with one powerful lateral strike, Dracar smashed the iron bars as though they were twigs.

Then, from Dracar's clawed hands, strands of bright, white ice flew at Taro. Taro didn't anticipate this, and found himself getting frozen in place by the legs, and then two more rays froze his arms to his waist.

"How did you...!?" Taro questioned tried to writhe about, hopelessly, throwing himself off balance, but behind him he felt warmth. An electric heater had materialised in his shadow, making the ice melt, quickly.

"So it shows itself," Dracar observed as he noted the heater, "A serendipity of having the right object, in the right time... your Edge over the others in life."

"My boss is going to get an earful about this," The policewoman promptly left the scene, she'd decided that enough was enough when rays of ice were bouncing all over the place.

Author's Note said:
The Edge is something Doc and I came up with a couple of years back. The Edge is a power inherent in all characters in SARP, and it's what makes them stand out from the average crunchie: Awe, Appeal, Skill and Luck (Both good and bad).

However, when one truly masters the Edge he has on life, or if they are truly favoured by the powers that be (think a coin landing on its side each time its flipped), they can bend certain facets of reality to their whim, be it having the right item in the right place when you need it, or cryokinesis.
"...How did I?" Taro questioned himself momentarily, then broke the icy bonds, "To hell with it! No matter what freezy-breezy shit you try on me, I'm staying in this cell."

"In that case, you shall have an ordeal through pain!" Dracar fired bolts of ice at Taro's direction, who promptly pulled a classical medieval shield out of his shadow to deflect them. Another barrage of icy rays was sent Taro's way, and this was responded to by using a mirror to make them scatter around the room harmlessly, freezing most of the stuff in the room.

"Two can play at that game!" Taro said as he pulled a ladder out of his shadow, burnt one end of it with the heater and charged at Dracar with the burning end, pinning him against the back wall by his throat, and getting Taro out of the jail cell. However, Dracar nodded at Taro and Luca politely, not struggling at all.

"Ah, nice work," Luca complimented with a clap, "You got my son out of Jail."

Taro looked at his own feet, and nodded, "Hmmh, so I have," He pulled the ladder away and put it against the wall, "Explain what all of this is, then..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back