• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Peacekeeper Cudgels

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Peacekeeper Cudgels:

Developed as a useful, if rather pricy, tool or law enforcement, by Emrys industries, the Peacekeeper Cudgel has been made for the use of police in hostile areas, where serious force can be needed. It is shaped like a night stick used by late 20th century police force, or a tonfa, the weapon it is based on. The additional features of the cudgel is that it can vibrate at an extremely high frequency, causing greatly increased damage to whatever it hits, especially organics, a simple touch can shatter bones and cause hideous bruises, combined with a blow from the cudgel itself it is enough to fell most people. The second feature is that the surface of the cudgel can be electrified highly, electrocuting anyone it touches (the handles are insulated). The power setting vary from low, where it is a sting, used as a warning or a prompt, to a paralysing setting, to a kill setting, which causes cardiac arrest, and major burning. The electrification and vibration can not be used at the same time due to power interests, and internal settings. The third and newest setting is the electrolaser, which can be used in unison with the electrification setting. This sends out a low power laser beam, ionising the air in a thin beam, and then the electricity flows through the air, hitting the target. This rarely has enough power to kill, unless the target is wearing metal or it hits his weapon, however it's usually enough to cause serious muscle spasms and unconsciousness (it varies from target to target). As a night stick in design it can be used with all the tricks of a night stick, or the weapon is based on, the tonfa. It can be swung as a club, used to block, lining it up with the arm, or when holding the protrusion, used to create more powerful punches, using the end. For these uses there is a setting that only runs electricity down the very end. The different settings are changed by pressing different small patches on a ring that comes with the cudgel. If someone tries to pick up the cudgel without the ring, the full electrical force is administered to them. For those that use the weapon in both hands, two rings can be bought for the price of one. The cudgel can only run on vibration mode or electric mode for an hour of continuous use, the electrolaser lasting as long as there is electricity, after this the cudgel needs to be recharged for half an hour in the docking station. The high capacity battery is in the handle. Even when the energy is depleted, it can still be used as a cudgel or a tonfa.

Price: 600ks

Alright. Tell me what you think. I don't know about the price, so advice would be helpfull. Other than that do you think it has a place in law enforcment?

It depends where your peacekeeping. This a high powered and specilised weaon, and yes does require some training to wield safely or competantly. It is not however limited to peacekeeping operations, despite its name. Anyone can buy one, or at least anyone that Emrys Industries sees as suitable (they won't sell in bulk to gangs or terrorists for example). In some situations power is necesary.

If you need to take your target down alive you don't need power, just something thats enough to incapasitate. Odds are your going to be fighting unarmored people. If they are armed then taking them alive is hardly an option.

Which is why there are variable settings. The vibration mode does not have to be on full force, and the electric current doesn't need to be on the highest setting. A low setting on the vibration mode will just act as a more powerfull form of blow, while the low setting of electricty with cause serious pain or stun. There are of course intermediate settings.

A taser and Riot Baton would work just as well for a fraction of the price.

There is really no situation I could think of that this would accel in.

If that's what you think Uso, no one you control has to have them. I personaly think that this is somewhat better than a taser and a riot baton. The impact of the blows can be much greater due to the vibration mode, and the electricity on the rod makes it more conveniant. The electrolaser is another function I think could be usefull. If it is the price your complaining about I'm quite open to sugesions of change, that is not a problem. What would you like? 500? 400? 300? What? Sugestions? Usefull creative criticism? Those would be nice.

Its not about power, its simply about delivering enough force to make the other person change your mind. This is kinda like an electric laser nose hair trimmer. Fun to have but really to much for a small chore.

I just wouldn't expect major sales of the item. People who like laser electric nose hair clippers would buy it though.

I accept that. I wasn't really looking for major sales possibly, although it would be nice if the Nepleslian Police bought a few. More it's a usefull hand-combat weapon that some people might like, and they'll buy it if they want.

Why even need that? A Nepleslian cop would just as easily, and at a much lower price, grab a lead pipe out of a dumpster and bash someone in the legs to subdue them.

I think the OOC on this is at an end. I have heard what people had to say, made some alterations, and accepted that it is not going to be a popular item, although I am not taking it off the market. From now on can we restrict comments to an IC basis please. Only post something out of character if you think it really needs to be said. Oh and I don't know whehter In Character is the right term, but idealy I'd like to hear from intrested people or organisations.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back