• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN Personal Channel: Taisa Ketsurui Hanako/Chui Kage Yaichiro

Kim

スター軍の司書
To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura, NG-X1-360
First Expeditionary Fleet

A great deal has happened since I was able to last communicate with you. I am doing well; better than well, in fact, as you'll see once I update you on my situation. I hope you're also well, though I don't doubt that a lack of officers is a lingering problem.

You may have heard a great deal about Pisces Station and what happened on her...some of it is true, and some of it is not, but I can say that loss of life did occur, as well as incompetence within the command structure.

My innocence in the matter, however, was not even questioned; and Motoyoshi-Taisho-sama personally ordered my transfer to Hotaru Star Fortress. I've been offered training at the 5th XF branch of the Kyoto War College, placed under Motoyoshi-Taisho-sama's personal command as Director of the Starship Improvement Program, and was promoted to Chui...but that's not all.

Waiting here for me was none other than the YSS Asuka, the ship we recovered from Murf during my last days on the Sakura, and that I had worked on repairing while at Gemini Star Fortress; as well as a uniform with white panels. I've just gone from a Warrant Officer to a Commanding Officer.

Part of me is proud to have attained this rank and position, while another part of me thinks it is likely due to the combined lack of officers and engineers. If you have the time, I'd be grateful for any advice or experience you could give, Taisa.

I am sorry that I'm not able to return to the Sakura to assist you..but this position is of a critical importance to the Army. The best I can do at this point is to try and improve the performance of vessels throughout the Army as best I can.

I do miss you and the Sakura greatly though, and have not forgotten my origins. It was your leadership and the experience I gained from the Sakura that made who and where I am today possible.

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Chui Kage Yaichiro
Commanding Officer, YSS Asuka, NS-X5-23
Director of Starship Improvement Program, Hotaru Star Fortress
Fifth Expeditionary Fleet

Dear Yaichiro,

Please excuse my writing if it is somewhat odd for I am somewhat sleepy and drunk at the moment, having just returned from a dare lottery party to welcome the new crew. I was not really enjoying this one unfortunately due to some embarrassment caused my the presence of my niece and worrying about first impressions. You see I do not wish to be known as a sex object because I feel I have more than my body to offer to my crew.

Ah, forgive me I am rambling. Let me change the subject.

So you have your own ship now? Congratulations! I remember when I was first placed in command, I was very unsure of myself and very scared because I know the crew's lives depend on her captain. Remember there is a network of other captains you can use to guide you. I am always willing to offer what advice I can.

You might be interested to know that Cherry and Yuriko are planning on having a youngling together.

As for Pisces, I am going to stay out of that. It is a sorry situation.

Please be safe! I am about to face what may be my last mission and I want someone to remember me and the ship I captain.

Sincerely,

Hanako

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura, NG-X1-360

I am sorry to hear that you believe that you may be going on your final mission...however, if you desire, I am willing to permit the temporary storage of a set of recent ST backups in the Asuka's SS Pod from your ship, should you have the opportunity to send them.

Of course, you may also contact Yui-Taisho-sama and attempt to place such backups in her hands.

In the regrettable instance that the Sakura should fail, I would be willing to accept the sprite backups from the Sakura and place them in service on the Asuka, so backing them up would also be prudent. I do have a soft spot for Cherry, Blueberry, Apple, Mango, and Sunflower, after all. Which reminds me...I have heard rumors that Cherry has attained enlisted standing. Is this accurate? If so, I ask you to extend congratulations on my behalf.

Please don't lose hope, regardless of the mission. It was your strength that let the crew survive against odds in my time, and I am certain that it is just as true today. Show confidence, and I have no doubt your chances of survival will increase.

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Chui Kage Yaichiro

(To avoid plotholes, I'm making Yaichiro's plot take place a little behind the others unless the mods come back and change it. Chronologically, the plot and this letter is less than one day after the Sakura's destruction. That way, the Plumeria can take the upgrades, and we can just assume that Plumeria is merely the result of Yaichiro's work and close the plothole. If Hanako replies, perhaps it could be best to act as though she hasn't gotten Plumeria yet.)

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Former Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura, NG-X1-360

I have just heard the bad news about the Sakura...I am glad that she took out her enemy in the process and that no one on board her was permanently killed. Given the risks involved, it could have been a far worse end, though it is still regrettable. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a ship yet, but I do know what it's like to lose a home, and you have my condolences.

I am using my position to craft better designs for anti-pod and anti-Power Armor weaponry as well as a crude anti-positron shell system, and have teams working on it as we speak. I do not know how long it will take for such weapons to be completed and approved for use, but I will do what I can...

Also, I am entertaining the idea of a museum for the Sakura on Yamatai...the Sakura was a symbol of strength for the whole of the Empire, and it may be prudent to give the Sakura and those of her class some sort of memorial...I have yet to think in depth of it, but it's something that could be beneficial to stave the blow to the morale of the Army and the Empire by the Sakura's loss.

In the meantime, I would really like to know how you and your crew are holding up in all of this. Are you getting a new ship soon? Will the crew stay together? Are you finally going to get other officers to assist you? I'd really like to know what's going to happen...even if I'm not there, my thoughts ARE with you, and right now I must wonder if there is anything I can do from here...

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Chui Kage Yaichiro

(Chronologically, this letter is less than two days after the Sakura's destruction. If Hanako replies, perhaps it could be best to act as though she hasn't gotten Plumeria yet.)

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Former Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura, NG-X1-360

Attached files detected, 1024-layer quantum encryption...decryption complete.

>>s3pylon2.dat
>>electroncountermeasure.dat
>>minisrikerarray.dat
>>sakuramuseum.dat

No viruses found.

These technologies have so far been completed, tested, and sent to Star Army Command. You will have to request any data needed to build them, as it is not wise to send schematic files into any unauthorized system. These are descriptions only. I am sorry they were not completed in time for the Sakura, but perhaps they will be useful in other vessels...

Also, I have designed a museum to honor the Sakura. While she may be gone, the image she conveyed may be able to continue beyond her physical death, perhaps to inspire future generations.

I hope you and your crew are faring well in all of this.

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Chui Kage Yaichiro

To:

Chui Kage Yaichiro

Taisa Hanako
Commanding Officer, YSS Plumeria, NG-X1-390

Subject: Re: Technologies

I am sorry for taking so long to respond, but a great many things have happened. Already I have new vessel! It is not completed yet; I hope to build some of your technologies into her. It looks like it may be too late for some, however. The Plumeria will start with weapons and such carried over from the Sakura. Once we return from our first mission I would like to refit the ship further.

How is that ship of yours? Do you enjoy being a captain? Lately it has been hard on me...

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Commanding Officer, YSS Plumeria, NG-X1-390

I am sorry to hear how hard things have been for you...I have been doing well. I am reminded, however, that such a thing isn't uncommon for the Sakura's, now the Plumeria's, crew. I'm sure you can handle it...you always have.

The only missions I have currently commanded the Asuka on were test missions for the hardware, though I suspect that I seem to have a more important role than that...I'm not trying to sound vain, but...it's that I suddenly find myself surrounded by officers Taisa or higher in rank, and seem to have attracted a great deal of interest. Whether this is positive or negative remains to be seen, but I am hoping it is the former.

Yet more technologies are on the drawing board, and I hope you they will be able to assist you properly...

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Chui Kage Yaichiro

RPG-D RPGfix
Back