• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN Personal Communication Channel: Kage Yaichiro/Sakura

Toshiro

(OOC: Note that unless otherwise specified, these are personal communications. If it is warranted, MEGAMI may withold reciept of these communications in times of covert mission or battle until the danger has passed or the objective has been completed.)

TO: Crew of YSS Sakura, NG-X1-360

Hello, everyone, I hope this message finds all of my old comrades in good health, and that Cherry has been able to keep up with Elisa's skills in my abscence...I'm sorry I have not been able to contact you all, but during my time at Gemini, I was not permitted to contact you. Now that I have been temporarily reassigned to Pisces and increased in rank, I have attained a level of privilege where I may communicate with you, and say things I did not have time to say in my rushed farewell message...things I couldn't really say in person.

I really did not wish to leave the Sakura...I'd grown attached to you and the ship, partially because of what we'd been through together, and partially because it was the first place I could actually call a stable home, in spite of the combat status and danger involved.

My family name was originally Hikari, meaning "Light", but when I was created, I had no family...when I had to pick a last name, I picked Kage, meaning "Shadow", or more specificly, "The Abscence of Light"...my surname was a placeholder, because I lacked a family, and a surname to go with it.

You became my family, in a way. No matter how corny it sounds...it is the most accurate way I can say it. Though my family name holds no meaning whatsoever, my time on the Sakura, and with you, helped fill that void. I would like to say something specific to each of you...

Mango, I didn't know you that well, I admit, but you cared enough about my well-being to try and assist me here and there with my taste-related issues. That plan may have met in failure, but I am still quite thankful for your attempt. I am actually still partially following your diet, though I admit to sneaking in more raw onions than you would likely permit me to...

Apple-chan, please keep an eye on Midori-Juni. I didn't know you too well, but I knew enough to realize you, other than the Taisa, are likely the closest person to her. Please help her reach out of her shell of duty once in a while to enjoy her life a bit more.

Cherry, please take care of the Sakura while I am gone...you have even more time on her than I do, and are quite capable...if you need any assistance, I am willing to try and provide remote technical support if my duties here allow it. Smack Elisa upside the head if she takes unnecessary risks with the ship, okay?

Sunflower, I ask that you try and be a bit more able to slap someone upside the head if they deserve it, to let your smile fade ever so slightly if you feel that it should. Don't worry so much about pleasing others, your emotions are your own.

Blueberry...I felt an odd kindredship with you. You remind me of myself before I joined the Star Army in many ways...please try not to be so fatalistic, and recognize your own self-worth. Regardless of how you were born, you live, and all sentient life has a great deal of potential...it took me a long time to realize this. Please open your mind to this fact, and please seek guidance from the others.

Elisa, you came onto the Sakura one day before I did. As such, you were a bit of a measuring stick for me...not a rival per se, but just an idea of where I should be...you also made sure I had plenty of work, to hone my skills. Just...don't become TOO good of a pilot...be good when it counts, but don't let everyone notice, or they'll snatch you away like they did me...

Dr. Gunn, you are a good doctor, and generous enough to see that I had both medical assistance and my first personal posessions. It is fitting that I should be at Pisces, because it is on the edge of Nepleslian space, and Nepleslian traders will frequent it. After making a few connections, I may be in a position of ordering goods for you from Nepleslia and passing messages, perhaps back and forth to your family. Nothing illegal or of questionable content, mind you, but I am willing to assist. Also, please be kind to the sprites...praise them when they do a good job, make them feel wanted, especially Blueberry...she needs support, especially emotionally.

Midori-Juni, you are loyal and courageous, not only in your duty to Hanako-Taisa, but to the crew in general...still, you need to live life a little. Even I was a bit more social than you, reclusive as I was at times...being nice to and talking to Apple-chan is a step in the right direction.

Hanako-Taisa...I can't really say I fully understand how I feel about you...all I know is that I really liked being with you, and that you are largely responsible for making me who I am right now. You likely came the closest to actually 'raising' me of anyone...I still think I have a crush on you, maybe a bit more than a crush, I can't honestly tell...but regardless of what the feelings are, they are all positive.

To those who have joined since my departure: I don't expect you to know me, but I am the former Chief Engineer of the YSS Sakura, Kage Yaichiro. When I came onto this ship, I was reclusive, unsure of myself, and had no self-respect...however, being on this ship, with this crew, changed me for the better. It is a hard life, fighting the Mishhuvurthyar, but if you are able to live with that and make your contribution, you will find that this ship and her people are among the best in the Star Army. The Taisa cares for her crew like a matriarch, and while she is capable of being gentle and kind, her rank and status are well-earned. You are now serving with the best there is, so enjoy the time on this ship while you can, and try to make something of yourselves. This is more than a mere ship and crew...it is where you live, and who you live with every single day.

Well, I think that's it for the individual messages...I wish I knew where to find Mori and Sana, as well, for I have some things to say to them too...

While I am no longer a member of the Sakura, and am unable to return to the ship because the Army wishes otherwise, I still wish to maintain contact...please try to visit me when you have leave, or at least send messages. I still think of you all as my family, and miss you all terribly.

santo_juni_1_tiny.gif

Santô Juni Kage Yaichiro
Chief Weaponry Engineer, Pisces Star Fortress

STAR ARMY FIRST EXPEDITIONARY FLEET
YSS SAKURA, NG-X1-360

Santô Juni Kage Yaichiro,

It is with great fondness I remember you. You have blossomed into a lovely soldier, and for that you should be proud. I am honored to know you regard me so highly, and rest assured I never take such opinions for granted. I miss you and would gladly accept your offer to visit when it is feasible. Sadly, we are in a time of tremendous death and suffering, and the business of fighting them continues to tax the crew and I. There is more trouble, however...Miles turned against the crew, and we were forced to kill him. I pleaded many times but he would not listen...and Elisa has become infected with some disease. I have lost all of my officers now, and have only Midori and two new recruits to rely on. I will do my best...but will it be enough to win this war? I am uncertain and worried.

I wish I had better news. Ah, I know...I will give you something to smile about: when I next see you, I will give you a kiss.

Best Wishes,

Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
Commander, YSS Sakura

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
CO, YSS Sakura NG-X1-360

I indeed regret to hear about Miles...I am indeed shocked..and feel a bit of guilt...he entrusted me just a few days ago in a communication to take care of certain important debts and specificly a matter he considered important to the future of the Nepleslian race--two flesh and one eye sample of ultra-rare, untainted, female Nepleslian DNA.

He seemed to be planning for something to happen, and discontent with his environment to the point I told him he could consider transfer to Pisces if he felt there was no other alternative...but he did not seem insane like some reports I have heard stated, nor did he seem unloyal or fearful he would die. I guess this means I am, by default, responsible for his final wishes...If you do not plan to restore him, I feel obligated to ask for his personal belongings, which I will transfer to his parents. The funds in his accounts, if not seized by the SA, could be transfered directly, perhaps. In any scenario, I feel obligated to ask for those samples.

As for Elisa, I had not heard of her illness, and regret that she is infected...if you wish to give me the symptoms of her disease, I can inquire with our Doctor if you wish. If she is cognitive, please tell her I am thinking of her. If you require Officers, it may be prudent to ask for a few from the 5th XF...many people have been displaced, and there are certainly a few Officers without ships.

In regard to your own morale...please try not to lose your optimism. I know that you have been criticized for it, even been called childish, but in the end; your ability to appear confident about the future permeates throughout the crew. I can think of several instances where it was the defining factor, Taisa. If they don't think they can win...it's unlikely they will.

Perhaps if Yui-Taisho-Sama and the situation allow it, you could return to core Yamataian space? Not only do you need a rest, and perhaps more advanced care for Elisa, but perhaps seeing the good things in the Empire you are trying to protect will help restore your, and the crew's, morale.

I am sorry I can't assist you more than as a remote voice...but the Army has decided I am needed more in a non-combat capacity. To be truthful, it is a bit maddening, and makes me feel a bit guilty, knowing you are all still fighting while I am here at Pisces...If you can think of any way I can help from where I am, please let me know.

As for what I will do about this particular situation, I may send a communication to Yui-Taisho-sama, asking her to consider adding a cultural and psychological evaluation clause to her Species Restriction Order...maybe if we screen soldiers and officers for danger signs and cultural limitations before converting non-Geshrins to Yamataians, this can be prevented in the future...I know we can't make everyone happy, but we can try to make everyone a bit safer...

Please don't feel obligated to kiss me when we next meet...though I certainly won't be opposed to the gesture, Taisa.

With Respect and Loyalty,

santo_juni_1_tiny.gif

Santô Juni Kage Yaichiro

To Taisa Ketsurui Hanako
CO, YSS Sakura NG-X1-360

Hello, Taisa...regarding my previous suggestion about taking 5th XF officers, I withdraw it. The 5th XF seems in desperate need of officers, as much or more than the other fleets. Perhaps you should look into requesting 2nd SF personnel.

With Respect and Loyalty,

santo_juni_1_tiny.gif

Santô Juni Kage Yaichiro

RPG-D RPGfix
Back