Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

SACN [Personal Communication] Miles - Yaichiro. Sbj: Eye.

DocTomoe

Inactive Member
ON: Lor/Pisces Station - Communication Channel.

Miles had made a request to the Lorath medical complex's computer for a communication terminal, sure enough; the computer guided him to a small secluded room which had a communication device which tied into the Lorath network's subspace communication array. The letter from Yaichiro was still fresh in Miles' mind, he knew who to ask to help him move the goods, so he was going to do so. "Please connect me to the Yamataian network, attempt to contact, Kage Yaichiro aboard the Pisces Station."

The communication window in front of Miles flickered to life as a waiting window was posted. "Connecting" the window read as the connection was being made.

Yaichiro's communicator went off...since KAMI wasn't up, the system patched into the next best thing. "This is Santo Juni Kage Yaichiro at Pisces Station...who may I ask is calling?"

"Your former doctor of course." Miles said over the communication channel. "I got your letter, I'm glad you thought of me."

Yaichiro actually smiled. "I'm glad someone finally replied. I thought you guys actually forgot about me...how have you been, Doctor?"

"Busy, near death, the usual. What about you? How are you holding up?" Miles asked as he also smiled. It was good to keep contacts, friends, family, associates, and Yaichiro was sort of all of the above.

Yaichiro nodded. "Well, I'm a Santo Juni now, and in charge of the Weapon Engineering Team on Pisces...they were fighting tooth and nail for me for a while, and I might still be shuttled around a bit after this. I've never been in charge of so many people before, either."

"Well, are they following orders alright? Getting the job done? That's what really matters you know. If you have a good crew under your wing, then that takes a lot of the edge off." Miles said as he became interested in the conversation to the point where he nearly forgot about the favor which he was going to ask as soon as his polite nature allowed.

Toshiro nodded. "Well, they want all the sensors put in for KAMI in a week, and we have the job until more weapons arrive. We're working a full 1/2 of the hours in the day. I'm pulling double shifts myself...we have a MASSIVE amount of refugees from the 5th XF's sphere, especially Taiie, so it's tough, but we're getting it done. A few of them say I work them too hard, though, but since I work harder, they can't complain, really..."

"Well, remember, your doctor is now telling you that you need to relax from time to time. I want you to take one day out of the week to push aside the second shift and relax. Get to know the engineers you work with, get to know your fellow crew mates. You can't get to know your crew if you're stuck in an access shaft all day long." Miles advised as he imagined how many hours out of the day that Yaichiro was stuck in a cramped mouse hole of sorts.

Yaichiro nodded. "I suppose you're right, but it's hard to take time off and relax when you see all these misplaced people. I'll see what I can manage...oh, and if you ever stop by, visit me, and the Taisa here, too. She's a sort of Sakura fan girl."

"I will if I can... there are a lot of things going on keeping me from my own leisure time. Speaking of that... I recall your offer in the letter about being able to conduct transactions with the Nepleslians, because during some time I had to my self, I acquired something that I absolutely need to sell to the Nepleslians, and whoever else may be interested."
Yaichiro perked up. "Oh? What might that be? Or do you want me to not ask more than I should?"

"Well, you'll know it when you see it, but I want you to contact anyone you can who may be interested in the object that I am sending. I'm only going to tell you this, it's a set of organic tissue samples and an eye, so make any arrangements you have to make. I still need to arrange transport for the samples though." Miles said as he frowned at the thought. Who the hell is going to be out in the middle of this place?

Yaichiro paused a moment. "I'll do my best, but the Taisa may be suspicious...a pair of eyeballs were used in a very nasty little incident I can't disclose the details of. I'll have to get her okay, but I'll see that it gets done, either way...it'll just be a bit harder, as I may have to store them elsewhere...who do you want me to contact? Any specific planets or organizations?"

"Nepleslia, and every corporation that has an interest in genetics, and has a subspace communication system. Also Yaichiro, I have some instructions regarding the cash... no less than 500,000 KS, and I want you to take 25% off of whatever we pull in. Also... there may be some complications in regard to me collecting my share; I want you to hold onto it until I get in touch with you... I'll ask you a question that you'd know, and you ask me a question that I'd know, and we'll have a code word... Blueberry Lipstick how does that sound?"

Yaichiro nodded. "I understand. No holds barred auction at Nepleslia...sounds interesting! What will I say they're bidding on?"

Miles tapped a nearby panel, he checked if the line was secure, and the machinery said it was, so he decided it would be fine enough to say it. "Un-tainted Nepleslian female DNA... and I want you to hold this bidding war from the station. I don't trust doing anything on Nepleslia right now, especially the way the greens are acting. Have the buyer come to you." Miles instructed as he felt a tension in his stomach, he knew full well the dire situation which was at hand, the eye was worth well over the minimal price which he had set.

"There is another thing." Miles said. "I want you to send the two samples which I am sending in red marked boxes to Nepleslia, I want you to send them to Zen Arms, tell them a debt is settled, and enclose 8500 KS."

Yaichiro nodded. "I understand...it will have to be after the bidding war is over and we get paid for the eye. I only have less than 10,000 KS to my name at the moment. Should I tell them whose debt is paid, or will they know?"

"They'll know from what is in the boxes." Miles instructed as he leaned back in the Lorath chair. "Thank you Yaichiro... you're one of the few people I can count on lately."

Yaichiro nodded. "I hope you aren't in any trouble...but I'm glad to help, Dr. Gunn. Take care of yourself, too. You probably work harder than I do...and be nice to Blueberry, okay?"

"I'll give it my best... I have not been too happy with my crew mates as of late. They're not too happy with who I am at the moment." Miles said with a frown.

Yaichiro blinked. "The race thing? Well, you could always come here, you know. It's a non-combat position, so there's less of an issue there, we have lots of people for you to treat, decent R&D facilities, and it's very close to your homeland...it's an option if things don't work out...I'd be willing to put in a good word for you with my Taisa here, and as a Sakura fan, odds are pretty good you'd be able to get here."

"But I'm not the kind to settle down at one place and do research... I like being hands-on, on a station, I'll have to wait for the samples to come to me. Not to mention there are other issues... a station just is not safe enough for me." Miles said quite sadly. "I'd love to, if I could."

Yaichiro nodded. "I understand...well, I hope this problem, whatever it is, works out."

"Thank you my friend. I hope that your duties become a bit easier on you. Sadly, I must be going... I have work to do, even while on leave." Miles said with a sigh at the end of his statement.

Yaichiro nodded. "I understand. Drop me a line now and again, okay?"

"I'll try my best, as I said; things are iffy at the moment." Miles smiled as he spoke. "I'll give it my best though, that is a promise."

Yaichiro nodded, smiling. "Well, I have to get back to work, but it was nice chatting with you, Doctor. See you around!"

"See you sometime, good luck with the KAMI. Later." Miles closed his end of the channel and smiled. "I wish I had more friends like him..." he muttered to himself.

END COMMUNICATION

RPG-D RPGfix
Back