Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Life Events Personal Issues

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Inactive Member
Guys, I may not be around a whole lot for the next week or so. I will be on before work some days, and I may not.

I'll give you all rough details, but if you want more or anything, just message me on YIM. Anyway, for those of you that know her, Christen has been sick lately. Thinking it was just a stomach virus, I simply told her to rest and take it easy.

Well tonight at work, Christen collapsed and went unconsious. When she came back to, she began to get sick, blood mixed in. She was rushed to the hospital and is asleep right now with doctors keeping a close eye on her. She won't be out till thursday at the earliest...So I'm going to be at the hospital a lot in the next few weeks.

Sorry if anyone here really needs me in the near future, but I really need to be at her side. It's taking me a while to even write this because of how much I'm shaking.

sorry guys...

Hope it isn't bad. Coming from a family of doctors I can tell you that the majority of cases with those symptoms are internal hemorrhages, and that it's more likely the hemorage was caused by high blood pressure or a bump rather than disease or infection, if that helps relieve your worry any.

In any case, be careful not to drink too much coffee until you get news, otherwise it may highten your stress. And try to get some rest. Stay safe.

I'm studying to be a doctor as well. It's a intestinal virus from what they tell me, one which is very bad, though could have been delt with had she rested like she was told too...

So now the virus has escalated to twice it's normal power, since her immune system isn't at 100%

JoMidori said:
I'm studying to be a doctor as well. It's a intestinal virus from what they tell me, one which is very bad, though could have been delt with had she rested like she was told too...

So now the virus has escalated to twice it's normal power, since her immune system isn't at 100%
Well, that's good news - a lot better than cancer or something like that. Poor girl needs to take it easy!

Take all the time you need, despite what may be said at times RL should always come before the internet, and we don't want to have you fretting over what's going on here while you've got something much more important that you should be focusing on.

Don't forget to sleep and eat regularly, and I send you both my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery :)

I just got back from the hospital a little while ago. Christen is sleeping from the drugs they had to pump into her, but the doctors say she is going to be fine. Her immune system was non-exsistant last night when she passed out, and the virus got out of control.

The virus is under control now, her fever is down and she has stopped getting sick, and she is doing much better now. Doctors said she should be out at the latest monday night now.

hello everyone. this is christen and i am terribly sorry for worrying everyone. i am still shaking a little butthe doctors said that was normal, but i am home now. tiffany asked me to come and post in this thread to tell everyone i am home, and i am glad to see that everyone cares about the other players so much. again i am sorry and i promise not to do it again.

You're forgiven!

Heck, is there even something to forgive? Christen, you got sick and you needed help and time to get better. That's perfectly normal. We all don't exactly know each other (I mean, I'm just some random guy on the web) but I think I speak for everyone here in stating that all we wish for you is the best.

Take your time and make a good recovery, stay healthy and try to be happy. That's what's really important. If you can come here and have fun with us, that's cool too! ^_^

Welcome back to the land of the living! Don't bother apologising for it, like Fred said this sort of thing happens and as long as your getting better then that's the important thing :)

Less worrying about us worrying, and more being happy; a positive frame of mind reduces recovery time.

I missed you guys the whole time I was there. ^_^;;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back