• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Planetary system: E-12/Beta Rhoi

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Initial reaction: you don't need to try nearly as hard to hide from Yamatai or anyone else you don't like.

@DocTomoe, please provide some explanation and context for what you are trying to do here with this submission. As it stands, I'm not inclined to approve something that seems at once overpowered and very dense.

Not in the correct namespace.

Star systems go in system:

upload_2016-1-28_14-52-32.png

Are you feeling ok Wes? The other is a complex.

Initial reaction: you don't need to try nearly as hard to hide from Yamatai or anyone else you don't like.

Its more to study the phenomena and work in secret, really. Its also a future plot point.

Last edited:
Overpowered? I'll level then: I was hoping to get a Yamataian presence in the system, to study it.

My goal isn't to consider it a fort or a base of any kind. More, a horrible bermuda triangle mystery. A place where advanced generators, computers, dimensional pocketing, plasma weapons: all of it stops working without hundreds of meters of hard heavy mechanical shielding. Building a ship that can carry a living crew would be a big undertaking, possibly even an internationally massive one- involving lots of unusual engineering and design: sourcing eineering techniques from ships hundreds of years old by SARP standards.

A VERY LARGE civilian deep planetary gas dive-miner could probably be jerry-rigged to handle it th parts from a colony ship: Big nuclear rockets, a stripped down construction, big hollow interior spaces full of gear to neutralize the electrical discharges, carefully timed acceleration burns, tens of meters of heavy mechanical shielding.

It makes space treacherous again, in a setting where we can dive a fucking gunship into the atmosphere of a sun: You can work in Rhoi, its just very very dangerous. A place where our handwavium high technology is suicidal - our advanced tech acting as a lightning rod - rather than beneficial and the survival skillset is nothing like what we're used to, inspiring a different kind of roleplay.

The order of the day on a world like Entropy is trained animals, gunpowder armor, gunpowder, petrol and simplified nuclear engines and rockets that throttle just like a car's with manually driven components, dials and hard management are the way. Elsewhere, fossil records to species we've never even encounters before.

The major implication is that Rhoi is a system that had a massive aetheric accident at some point before SARP-era civilizations were thought of. Its a story to be told, not a fort or base. Who was here? What did they do? What of the people who crash-landed on Entropy generations ago? What's there?

At some point, I want to suggest before it 'broke', the arrangement of the stars and planets were artificial, tha tit was an a

And like I said, I'm hoping to get an international effort involved in studying it.

The SARP needs mysteries. If this isn't clear in the article, how do you think I can better explain it?

Last edited:
You say that, but it looks to me like it's just a meta-gamey way to make Lazarus even more invulnerable from Yamataian military attacks than it already is.

Oh, that's fixable. I could just make the location public and put somewhere the specs needed for a vessel to enter this space.

You're also welcome to have an existing presence in the system already, if you follow the requirements the system has.

I'd rather play well with Yamatai than butt-heads.

Shame we don't do any joint projects.

Nobody has to know.

Last edited:
I continue to wait for @DocTomoe. When he says his piece, I'll evaluate the submission from there. Your explanations give context the article doesn't, so thank you for them.

Whoa whoa whoa. Time out. Stop the bike.

What's this about a Yamataian involvement in a Matriarchy territory? I won't be having any major Yamataian involvement in Lorath Matriarchy territory, the limit is the amount authorized by DATASS, and that is with IC Matriarchy authorization for them to establish an operations base there, something that Yamatai is not a fan of the Matriarchy doing in their space, and the Matriarchy likes to have equitable relationships.

Beyond this Yamatai hub-bub, yes, I give my blessings for this system. Yes, I give my blessings for a Lazarus operation in this location. Make no mistake however, that it is still a system owned by the Lorath Matriarchy, they're the landlords there, and the Consortium are tenants.

Beyond the establishment of operations there by Lazarus, and the initial colonization procedures, there will have to be canon IC development to get anything else rolling there.

Tagging in, this is a faction work, with contributing pieces tossed in by several contributors within my bullpen, not just Osaka. I'll take the reigns here, and speak on behalf of this article, with my authority as FM for the Matriarchy, which is in control of the system.

amedia.giantpachinkomachineofdoom.com_2007_08_blog_images_rockman_anim.gif This is my waiting for @Doshii Jun face. Just a reminder since it has been a few days and this may have gotten lost in the shuffle, and 'later' left me a bit uncertain as to wait time.

Apologies. I've not been as capable with this stuff this week, as I've been oncall for Red Cross. I'll take care of a chunk of them tomorrow or tonight.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back