• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Plasma weapons in sarp

I was more curious about the means of generation for these weapons than the end result-good example would be the IC's own Helstrom-uses a combination of gas and magnetic compression and a lasing process to kickstart a fusion reaction to shove down the barrel-but this does give more insight into how they might work.

Then again, I'm probably also overthinking a space opera setting...

Nashoba referred me to the EM-W2 (P3) when I was making my plasma revolver:
"The P3 fires a small plasma charge. Superheated argon is suspended in a magnetic field and then projected from the weapon."​
My SiZi's Condensed Plasma Cartridges article states:

"The cartridges are powered by an internal energy recycler that feeds from the plasma-state energy already condensed within each casing... the 12.7Γ—33mm Fio Action Tactical cartridge contains a tightly condensed mass of plasma energy that expands violently and rapidly when released."​
It's basically however you want to technobabble it because it's fiction. Plasma is just a state of matter so whatever way you choose to explain it will probably make as much sense as anything else.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…