• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC PLOTS and What You'll Look For In The Future

SSharp

Inactive Member
We have a lot of plots going! A lot. Of. Plots. Of the active ones, 17, not including Andrew's one that's still building up to begin. If we include that and the two planned upcoming plots (Fred and Doshii) that'll be 19 plots actively going (because the Miharu is going to end, sadly.)

A lot of plots. So that either means we're having an influx of new blood, we're stretched thin, OR both. I'm leaning toward both. But this isn't a pessimistic thread shouting down creation of new plots or asking for current plots to be taken down. It's a thread to see what people are interested in seeing in the future.

We won't have a lot of plots forever, and so we have to look to the future. I figure it'd be helpful for hopeful GMs like myself to see what the community would be interested in seeing later on down the line.

Personally, I'd love to see a social plot crop up. Too much action-oriented plots currently, without enough inter-character development. I remember hearing someone mention a plot for Yamatai centering around the rebuilding of a possibly haunted space station. That's something I'd love to start (but wouldn't want to steal from said person, if they're still around.)

So, guys, post up your preferences for the future if you're so inclined.

Things I want to see:

- Star Army of Yamatai Planetary Infantry Plot that is open to new players and can support a large number of players at once if needed. Invasion/retaking of HX-13, Nataria, and/or Tami. High-death campaign good for disposable starter characters.

- Star Army of Yamatai logistics "delivery" plot (casual, social RP that does crossovers with Star Army and other plot ships. Maybe some adventures at shady spaceports)

- More fleet-level RP covering the Second Mishhu War.

- NMX plotship (Star Army style but on the other team) - would help flesh them out more.

- More independent ships (reboot Yggdrasill?)

- More active GMs

- More players

What I want to see less of:

- Recruiting of players already in many plots
- Different plots that have the same group of people playing in them

Wes said:
- Star Army of Yamatai Planetary Infantry Plot that is open to new players and can support a large number of players at once if needed. Invasion/retaking of HX-13, Nataria, and/or Tami. High-death campaign good for disposable starter characters.

This is the eventual plan for the 5th fleet. Now that school's over and my internet's back up, I should have time to finish my prologue to the plot, and get it started up, though I need to establish my other plots (again) before I can get this one completely going.

I Have two Origin plots in the works, one (an Origin/Yamatai plot that is more social than action) just needs a kick-start, while the other is just about set up and only needs players.

Wes, you want an NMX plotship? Oh god.

Who would be interested in that? (I might be interested in GMing it when it eventually comes up.)

The repair a base plot I didn't do because it would have required approval for a moon base of some kind. Namely the kind of rooms players would recover and in what order.

I had a couple more ideas recently.

A Yamatain/Neko body making corporation other than the Neko creating one. It would be a look into how Nekos are created, maybe a non-combat produced type, as well as the social structure of a race that is mostly produced than by family structure.

A survival story of a band of survivors on a planet that was destroyed from orbit when it was overrun by Mishu. A few survivers were lucky, but they have to deal with each other, the enviroment, and whatever else may have survived while looking for something to get help.

An Abwehran tank operation against a pirate stronghold.

I'd like to see social RP as well, it may not be the most active of plots, but it could aid in RP's in action RP's to get R&R during their action plots without suffering from action fatigue.

It's been a while since this topic was posted in, and I was wondering: What sort of plots are people looking for these days?

To be honest from my perspective we have exploration and combat plotlines saturated. I'm not sure how to implement it but I think that it might be nice to have a political style plot start. It would give a contrast to the existing story and could be fun if done right. It would also give an insight into the actual government of whatever nation it is assigned to. Instead of having just an arbitrary government on a wiki page.

I don't know if this is viable but... well. Its just a thought.

I've actually been pondering creating an Origin plot that centers around an internal accident investigation team which investigates things like starship crashes and industrial accidents.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back