• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Polaris-class Ultra Carrier

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Charaa,

1. There are a lot of missed opportunities for wikification in this article - Mining Guild, Motoyoshi Clan, Nyx Pine, Dragon Class Mobile Refinery, Kosuke sector and so on are just some I spotted with a quick look.
  2. There appears to be some areas that you copy and pasted from other things as they mention things like "The Pioneer", "Sentinel-class Control Frigate" or "the frigate".
  3. If the mining guild are going to use a standardized set of compartments and/or systems you should consider submitting them as separate articles and just linking them in, rather than copy/pasting over and over. Things like Ultrite can also be submitted as a material so you can link them in.
  4. Chat GPT is great for help, but it appears that you've been straight out copy and pasting from it, these articles need to fit the Star Army Universe, Its great to use GPT as a guide/assistant, I use it myself for helping me word my own ideas, but this is what happens when you let it do the creating for you, it tends to be very long winded, without actually giving much detail at all. I feel as a new GM or player someone would be extremely overwhelmed at this article.
  5. This is a massive vessel - 20km long, 10km wide, 9km high - You said Crew: 200 operators are recommended, 150 are required. I would think that more than 200 would be recommended on a ship that massive.
This article needs some work before it can be considered for approval.

[*] There are a lot of missed opportunities for wikification in this article - Mining Guild, Motoyoshi Clan, Nyx Pine, Dragon Class Mobile Refinery, Kosuke sector and so on are just some I spotted with a quick look.

corrected, i think i got a little too excited and impatient in wanting to get this submitted

[*]There appears to be some areas that you copy and pasted from other things as they mention things like "The Pioneer", "Sentinel-class Control Frigate" or "the frigate".
corrected, i had thought i had gotten them all, but my eyes are famous for being horrid. Also Pioneer is mentioned in history as a name for the first of the Polaris-class

[*]If the mining guild are going to use a standardized set of compartments and/or systems you should consider submitting them as separate articles and just linking them in, rather than copy/pasting over and over. Things like Ultrite can also be submitted as a material so you can link them in.
I admit i didn't want to have to rewrite compartments again for this, so indeed i did copy the Sentinel Class stuff, since i felt it made sense that those stuff would be included for this ship. I do plan on submitting and wikiing Ultrite just didnt want to floor the submissions with my stuff, and allow others a chance at attention too.

Chat GPT is great for help, but it appears that you've been straight out copy and pasting from it, these articles need to fit the Star Army Universe, Its great to use GPT as a guide/assistant, I use it myself for helping me word my own ideas, but this is what happens when you let it do the creating for you, it tends to be very long winded, without actually giving much detail at all. I feel as a new GM or player someone would be extremely overwhelmed at this article.

it is indeed pretty handy mostly what i do is write stuff and go please expand on the following, and in some cases it does what i want in terms of describing locations. and so on

[*]This is a massive vessel - 20km long, 10km wide, 9km high - You said Crew: 200 operators are recommended, 150 are required. I would think that more than 200 would be recommended on a ship that massive.
I went with what gpt said originally but i realized i didn't mention anything about the ship's size to it. The numbers have been corrected now.

Hi Charaa,

I looked this over again:

• Several systems and other spots still mention the frigate (other than of course the frigate storage where it should be). Also a few mentions of The Pioneer.
  • Now that I am back around, I have no issue with you submitting a bulk submission of standardized compartments/systems.
  • Also missing capital letters on a few of your sentences.
  • Overall this article seems really wordy, and somewhat disconnected from the rest of the SARPiverse because Chat GPT doesn't do a good job of integrating SARP tech, which is where you need to edit that kind of stuff in. (for example we have a page on common communications systems technology (Common Communications Technology on Star Army Space Roleplay where you could have links to actual SARPtech,)

thanks for being patient! I attempted to make sure nothing frigate except where it should be is mentioned, and i added some links to other places including in the weapons.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back