• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Five: Coasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakei

The Breakfast Baron
Yamatai
Downtown Kyoto
Micro Apartment 314
12日 4月 YE 39
1700 Hours

Anastasia stood on the other side of the door leading to her temporary apartment. She had gotten back from a short day of shopping, forcing herself to spend at least a little of her new salary. She was saving up for many things, but ar least she had more real clothes now. nd a Star Army Cap, type 32. She thought they looked cute.

She was more worried about coming across as a fool with what she was about to do. Since the extremely close call with the Mishhuvurthyar on their way back, she has felt more compelled to get out more, and to get to know her crew better. She hoped Yoshida felt the same, she needed to get out more too. The last day had felt awkward, but it was nothing compared to what she was about to ask on the other side of the door. It was something she had been thinking about for a few weeks now, and it had so far been unrequited.

The Elysian pulled herself up from her slouch, wings folding themselves neatly behind her dark red clothing. Here goes nothing.

Anastasia knocked on the door to the apartment, her own, before opening the door halfway. "Orion?" She scanned the small apartment for the roomate Elysian. He wouldn't be hard to find.

And he wasn't, the light blue winged Elysian was lying down on his bed, looking at the ceiling. He had never really gotten time to take a break on the Kaiyo, so this was his chance to just lie down and think about what was going on around him. The Antisocial birb didn't really have any other way to spend his time, and he often just drifted off into his own little world inside his head.

He looked up as he heard his name being pronounced from the doorway, immediately standing up and getting into a more proper position, wings folded behind him in a wrapped up manner as he saw Anastasia at the doorway.

"Yes?"

Anastasia sighed a breath of half relief and stepped into the apartment. She was wearing a dark red layered jacket over tan cargo pants, looking rather casual. "Hey... I had a question." She looked down at the slightly shorter Elysian, before looking to the side. "I was wondering, if maybe, you wanted to go... hang out around town. Maybe get something to eat?"

She looked back at Orion, trying to conceal a smile. She was having a nervous breakdown internally.
"Yeah sure, never really got to walk around this place a lot anyways... Plus.. I'm actually sort of hungry.."

Orion was slightly nervous, although it could be noticed since he tripped on some of the words he said in his previous statement. He was wearing the usual white shirt and jeans, his dark blue jacket sitting on the couch where he had carefully folded it.

Anastasia smiled. "Cool! I'll... just wait out here!" She placed the bag of newly acquired clothing an uniform pieces on the ground by the door, and stepped back outside the apartment door, leaving it only cracked behind her. She plopped her side against the wall, exhaling pent up stress. It'd be fine. It came to her attention that she had put no thought into where to go, but they could just drift until they found a nice looking restuarant.

Orion quickly fixed himself, and put on his jacket, zipping it up to the top as always, putting on his tennis shoes he had recently aquired. He then stood up, walking towards the door of the apartment, thinking to himself.
Okay Orion... just remember not to screw up

He carefully opened the apartment door, coming outside, this time not getting his wings caught.
"Okay, ready"

Anastasia stood up and smiled, tucking her cobalt wings behind her. It appears she's missing a feather or two. "Let's go!"
She took the lead, walking out of the apartment complex beside Orion. The sun was already setting over Kyoto, casting orange light over the infinitely busy city.

Orion looked around at his surroundings, still impressed by the towering architecture around him. He had never been to Kyoto, it was quite a sight. He sighed as he looked directly to the sunset while walking along with Anastasia, though that was a mistake. He looked down, placing a hand on his forehead.

"Why did I look directly at that star..."

Anastasia turned to look back at Orion as he slowed, looking somewhat worried. "Are you okay?" she stopped for a moment, before beginning to walk again. The city never stopped, pedestrians moving all around under the bright lights bathing the street as the sun set. "It's pretty... vibrant here, you know?"

"I'm fine... Just accidentally stared into the sun..." Was Orions reply, looking up at Anastasia, then looking around as she said something else.

"Well... It is. I haven't really seen so much people in one place either... Ever in my life"

Anastasia smiled and walked along the street, looking for something good to eat. "Well, the largest place I've stayed was Empyrean."

Her eyes scanned the street, sporting a small restaurant. "Hey, do you like sushi?"

"Sure, I'll eat anything put in front of me anyways. If it's not a Mishhu that is... Ech..."

He shook his head as he said the last couple of words, reminding him of the pretty unpleasant experience aboard the Kaiyo.

"Alright." Anastasia walked across the street into the restaurant. After looking around for a moment, she found a seat in a booth at the rather informal restaurant. The two Elysians were given a few passing glances, seemingly slightly out of place. She gave Orion another smile, eyeing the others in the restaurant discretely.

Orion didn't even notice the glances, or maybe he did, but he didn't really care. He looked at Anastasia, returning the smile.

After a few moments, a waiter passes the table, taking drink orders from the two. Anastasia ordered a small glass of shōchū, taking a look at the menus presented to them. She looked back up at Orion. "I had some of this back when I stayed in Fort Victory for training. It's pretty good!" It seemed like she was relaxing finally, being off the busy streets.

Orion had ordered a glass of water, primarily because he didn't really know what the other drinks were, and he didn't want to risk it.

"I think I'm going to stick to water for now. That liquid saved my life twice and it probably will save me from dying from thrist again.. last time I drank water was 2 years ago, I've been drinking way too much juice..."
It seemed that for once in his life got in a chatty mood.

"Hehe... " Anastasia awkwardly chuckled, pushing black hair our of her eyes. "So, got any other plans for the trip?"

"Probably just exploring... Its just one big interesting city. Also the wedding, but that is why we came here after all so.." Orion replied

"Yeah, that should be a really interesting. I'm just glad I'm not stuck behind repairing everything on the Kaiyo after that attack... I don't get enough rest as it is." Anastasia giggled slightly as she took a sip of her drink.
The waiter soon came back to take their orders. Anastasia ordered a dragon roll.

Orion ordered the same thing, curious of how it tasted. He never really got to eat foods like this, in fact, he didn't even remember the last time he went to a restaurant.
"So.. dragon rolls huh? Seems interesting enough..."

"Mhmm! These are great, topped with eel." Anastasia took another sip and cleared her throat. IIII was mostly planning on getting clothing, which I already did, and just... hanging out."

Anastasia smiled again and leaned in closer across the wooden table, quieting. "I was... also thinking about getting my upgrade." She leaned back into her seat, looking at Orion.

"Upgrade? What do you mean by... Upgrade?" He gave her a confused look, like, a genuinely confused look.

"My Caelisolan upgrade. I've been... debating it in my head for a while, and I decided it would be best if I went ahead and got it done right, while we're here." Anastasia leaned back, shaking her left wing slightly. "It was, tough. But I think it'll help in the long run."

"Oh umm..right...sorry I forgot...."
He looked down, feeling kind of awkward, so much so that Anastasia could tell he felt off at least.
"Soooo.. any other plans?"

Anastasia leaned forward, her emerald eyes glinted with concerned. "Oh no, you're fine! I try to keep quiet about most of those things. I've told the Taii... and Yosh."

"It's okay, I just... Got this awkward feeling.. sorry"

She gave a farm smile and a little giggle. She was about to say something, before being interreupted, her eyes flickering to the side behind Orion. "Oh! Food's here!"

The Minkan waiter was back, setting two plates of very similar rolls in front of the two. Some would say they we're identical, with extremely well-tuned plating skill by the chef.
They also looked delicious.

"Damn they look quite nice..." He looked down at the food that was just handed to him. He hadn't seen a sushi roll in.. forever pretty much.

Anastasia nodded before going silent for a moment, closing her eyes. After a few moments of silence, she opened them again and picked up the first piece with a pair of chopsticks. It was a skill she learned aboard the Kaiyo.

Orion did the same, closing his eyes as well. Then with a fork he took a piece of the dragon roll, putting it in his mouth.

The sushi was even better than it looked. A perfect balance of flavor and texture, it was even better than what was served in the wardroom daily. If you want the best, you go to its source.

"This has to be the best sushi I've even tasted...."
Orion looked at the now nearly full plate, then at Anastasia.
"You did the right choice with this restaurant..."

She smiled at Orion, picking up another piece. "Thank you. It's delicious!"
And so, the two ate, drank, and conversed on all walks of life, not even contemplating leaving the restaurant for a solid hour. They told stories, laughed, and repeated.

Orion had already finished his meal, still listening to Anastasia talk, listening closely to what she was saying. She was the only person in the Kaiyo he actually felt comfortable talking with, he didn't have the slightest idea why, but he felt she was the only one that actually understood him.

"...anyways, that's why I'm never getting a medical license." Anastasia smiled, having drunk a fair bit of strong alcohol. She was put a little bit tipsy, but not enough to put either of them at risk.

"That was an... interesting story.." Orion commented with a smile.

"I kinda ran out of stories to tell Yoshida, at least I have someone else to talk to now.. he-hee."

It was getting late, and after a long debate over the clashes of common courtesy, the two Elysians had settled to split the bill evenly.

After paying, the pair walked out if the restaurant, walking back to their micro apartment under the starred night sky. The busy city swirled around them, flashy lights and the sound of the urban wild filling the air. They made it back several hours after they had first left, both full and tired, and only mildly intoxicated. They both seemed small and insignificant compared to the high lives going on around them, but they were small together.

In an even smaller apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back