• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Power Armor Template

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Submission Type: Power Armor Template
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:guide:power_armor

Faction: N/a
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: I was asked to help make mecha/ power armor wikis by two separate players tonight and found no template, but that they were listed as desired. I don't think that needs to be the case any longer. Please note that I would be more than happy to add descriptions to each section and subsection, but I didn't know if it was necessitated. I hope this is a help!

@Wes @CadetNewb @Doshii Jun

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Too many tables and not enough text! I'd much rather see something like the Mindy 4's layout.

I went ahead and looked at the Mindy 4 code and took out tables and retained one small one, but now I feel like I will need to add explanations to each one in order to make sure the user knows to add the things that were in the tables. Or am I wrong and it is what it needs to be, as it is?

I saw Arieg using the wrap right side tag to get the stat bars to go along the right hand side and I really liked the way it looked. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the table heavy version of this submission with the tables pushed to the right hand side:

<WRAP right 20em>
</WRAP>

The above was placed around the tables to get the result below:

View attachment 6390

Code:
====== Mecha/ Power Armor======

====== About ======
Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum

Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum

<WRAP right 20em>
^  **Government**  |  |
^  **Organizations**  |    |
^  **Developer**  |    |
^  **Manufacturer**  |    |
^  **Production**  |    |
^  **Type**  |    |
^  **Class**  |    |
^  **Crew**  |    |
^  **Lifespan**  |    |
^  **Damage Rating**  |    |
^  **Armor Structural Points**  |    |
^  **Price**  |    |

^  **Dimensions**  |
^  **Height**  |    |
^  **Width**  |    |
^  **Length**  |    |

^  **Speeds**  |
^  **Running**  |    |
^  **Hover**  |    |
^  **Flight, Atmosphere**  |    |
^  **Flight, Space**  |    |
</WRAP>

======Propulsion Data======

======Weapons Data======

======Systems Data======
===Hull===
===Power===
===Computer===
===Sensor Package===
===Life Support===
===Cockpit System===
===Communications===
=== Armor ===
=== Shield ===
=== Communications ===
=== Stealth ===
===Other===

Zack, thank you for putting the effort into putting that together, but placing the tables somewhere else isn't the solution. The solution is that there should be less tables.

Wes, before you edited your post I was going off of the assumption that the layout was fine, it just needed commentary. Now that you edited it, it looks like you either want it to be more like the vehicle template or you don't want a power armor template and want the vehicle template to remain as the standard used for power armor. Which one of these is the case?

If I make a mecha or power armor with the original format I had, will it get knocked down in submissions for having too many tables or is it acceptable enough to have as a faction's power armor/ mecha, just not acceptable enough to have as the template for doing so?

Yeah, it would get held up for style issues.

Example: Headers should generally be in sequential order.
Code:
======Systems Data======
===Hull===
The above example, the header goes from H1 (which should only be used for a page title) to H4. It should be ====== H2 ===== to ==== H3 ====

I'm not a huge fan of wrap plugin use since it doesn't fit the general style of the wiki and the Table of Contents tends to get into fights with right-aligned wrap tables.

Again, I think the Mindy 4's article is my personal ideal for power armor templates, except for that we should probably add a weapon section, which the Mindy 4 currently lacks. It has a lot of useful stuff like "how to get in an out of the armor," which every PA should probably have.

Also please don't double bold things on the wiki. If the table has a highlighted cell ( starts with ^ instead of | ) any text in that cell is already bolded.

By the way, the wiki style guide I keep referring to is here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:style

Look pretty good to me.

One question: Do you think we should move weapons down? All the other systems categories are in alphabetical order.

Yes, I do and made the change. Because I changed "Photonics Array" from the Mindy 4 to "Camouflage" for the template, I moved that to where it would sit alphabetically within the systems categories.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back