Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SYNC [Premier] To the Mui of the Poku Saeruo Degonjo

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
From the office of the Imperial Premier to Her Highness Himiko,
in the 37th Year of the Empire of Yamatai

To the Mui of the honorable the Poku Saeruo Degonjo, Tarbah Leyto

Mui,

I hope this message finds you well. The Empress directs me to pass straight to you information of a potential new threat discovered by our military. Star Army authorities determined it was sensitive enough to be for your eyes only, which is why I have reached you with this directly instead of speaking to your Emissary first.

During a mission, one of our captains and her crew recently came upon the unstructured colony site of an unknown, sentient species. The species is best described as insectoid, and while they were not a threat to our military, they have quickly expanded on colony planets where we do not have a strong presence of troops. They appear to be violent, but disorganized.

We are unsure at this time who is delivering them to our border. It is possible they are attached to an entity that bears us ill will, or someone desperate to be rid of the species. Our team on the ground does not yet know.

What we do know is that the pattern of their discovery puts them close to your galactic northern border.

I am anguished and frustrated that there is not more to give you. Our military knows so little at this time, but we are catching up to the threat as quick as we can. If there is more I am told that I can pass on, I will let you know.

May the Eye of God watch over you.

Ketsurui Yuumi
Premier to the Empress Himiko

From the Desk of Tarbah Leyto Mui of the Poku Saeruo Degonjo;
in this the year of the Clan 757, and the 47th year of her reign.

Ketsurui Yuumi

Hearing from our friends to the north, is a balm to my spirit. Even if your words are troubling. It has been too long since I have visited your lands. This is something that I must correct when the proper circumstance occurs.

Thank you for your concern for my well being. I am well for the number of years I carry. Your news is sadly one more bad tiding on top of several others I have received of recent.

Kindly pass on my gratitude to your Empress for her thoughtfulness, and my hopes that she remains in good health.

Thus far I can confirm that there have been no incursions into our space by such a species. The only incursions we have had were scum vermin, what you would call pirates. These have been intercepted by the Defense Fleet and dealt with as necessary.

May the Blessings of Siamaka be upon you, your family, the Empress and Yamatai Star Empire.

By my hand,

Tarbah Leyto

RPG-D RPGfix
Back