Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Preparing For a Project.

DocTomoe

Inactive Member
List o' questions:

Are positron rifles available to Yamatai weapons developers?

How small can a positron weapon be when Yamatai technology is involved?

Do you think a power armor would be awesome with a back attachment that has tenticles?

How the hell does the Demon armor hold so much 35mm ammunition for it's chaingun?

What sets the Mindy soft core insert apart from the Kylie's soft core insert, and what are the technical reasons for the two different types?

More questions may be pending.

What do you mean (Explain what you mean by "available" and "Yamatai weapons developers")? The answer is probably yes, as anti-matter is not a restricted technology/weapon under YSE law.

Some positron rifles for power armor exist.

Do you think a power armor would be awesome with a back attachment that has tenticles?
Maybe.

How the hell does the Demon armor hold so much 35mm ammunition for it's chaingun?
It carries a large backpack magazine.

What sets the Mindy soft core insert apart from the Kylie's soft core insert, and what are the technical reasons for the two different types?
The original requesting party for the Kylie M3's design disliked the flesh and wanted a synthetic instead. The synthetic insert's main difference it that it doesn't recycle things as well and cannot regrow itself after damage.

Wes said:
What do you mean (Explain what you mean by "available" and "Yamatai weapons developers")? The answer is probably yes, as anti-matter is not a restricted technology/weapon under YSE law.

Some positron rifles for power armor exist.

Maybe.

It carries a large backpack magazine.

The original requesting party for the Kylie M3's design disliked the flesh and wanted a synthetic instead. The synthetic insert's main difference it that it doesn't recycle things as well and cannot regrow itself after damage.

Well, about the positron rifles. You just never see them in use by Yamatai forces, only Black Spiral and Misshu forces.

As for the size thing, I was aware of the rifles for armor considering the Black Spiral plot. But I am wondering how small they can be... like the size of a pistol? Or maybe a Kylie forearm projector?

As for the inserts, considering that WickedArms does not make the Kylie anymore, would it be logical for future Kylie models to be converted to having the flesh core?

But I am wondering how small they can be... like the size of a pistol? Or maybe a Kylie forearm projector?
Nah, rifle only. You could make very small anti-matter bomblets, though.

As for the inserts, considering that WickedArms does not make the Kylie anymore, would it be logical for future Kylie models to be converted to having the flesh core?
Possibly. Its core and the Mindy's core (as well as that from the Sylph) are interchangable, given a little time with the armor.

Would it be possible for these bomblets to be chambered in about... 25mm and launched from a railgun?

Also... another question I recall. I remember hearing about aether tap projectiles and grenades, would it be possible to chamber those in a 25mm also?

How about 50mm?

Wes said:
How about 50mm?

Takes up too much space, also not chaingun friendly. Of course they would be good complements to the Kylie's current shoulder weapon. Oh well, if things go right, I may have to make due with rapid fire SLEX grenades.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back