Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Princess of Motoring

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

ON, Akemi's, 188604>

"Sorry for asking you to meet here, but its kinda our only civilized food establishment on the planet right now," Uso said, standing in the middle of the half-finished burger joint, one of the few glistening metal structures on the planet. "So I hear you were giving our people an earful about their mode of transport?"

"It's fine." Lara replied, looking around the small restaurant. "And, unfortunately, yes I was. What you already have is not efficient enough for traversing the planet and if you would need to get somewhere quickly, horses and steam trains would take a long time. That's why I propose you switch the motorized vehicles." Lara smiled at Uso, putting her lower pair of hands on her hips and crossing the other pair across her chest. "I already have a factory set up, so there'd be no need to set one up. And I already have several cars made and in storage ready to be delivered to those who want to be the first people to use them and see if it's any better, which they no doubt will be."

"So why cars? Why not power armor or star ships?" Uso asked curiously, eager to see the passion that this spacer had for vehicles that made her stand out.

"Ever since I've found out about them, I've drawn towards the rustic feel of them compared to star ships and the like. The feeling of speed is much more enjoyable than what you get in a star ship. And there needs to be at least some form of planet-side transportation. Cars would be the only logical option for planet-side transportation." Lara told Uso, staying in the same bodily posture.

Uso would cross her arms, shifting her weight from one leg to the next, "So you're here because you like cars, and your spacer-friends wouldn't let you fill their ships with motor vehicles?" She asked, with just a bit of a smile.

"That's not particularly the main reason." Lara said with a sheepish smile. "But, if that's how you want to interpret it, that's fine by me. The real reason is because I wanted to help you out and the only way that I could personally contribute would be to offer my expertise with cars."

"You're asking me to believe that you value improving this planet more than you value cars?" Uso asked, sounding skeptical, "I'd bet this planet you're just a car nut and not the universe's greatest philanthropist... not that it is a problem either. Passion for what you do will take you far. You want to build cars, and be appreciated for that.... and what better place than a planet full of boats and horses?"

Lara couldn't help but give a slight giggle at Uso's comment. "I did say it wasn't the MAIN reason that I'm here, though it is a pretty major one." Lara continued to smile at Uso. "But, still, I want to help you get off the ground and I'd like to help you through advancing the planet-side transportation."

"I'd say what you're doing is the opposite of getting off the ground," Uso said, sounding quite proud of herself for that one, "... besides, I'm really eager to see how Arccos reacts to a spacer who doesn't want to be in space."

Uso would pause for a bit, her tone shifting away from playful and more towards a business oriented tone, smoothing her hair a bit. Her hands would pull her hair back into its ponytail, getting the bangs out of her face.

"So what do you need from me? You've got your own factory, on your ship I assume, getting space in our starport is easy enough. We've got a resourcing operating going as well, and while I'd love to have everyone pay for their own cars... well... we don't exactly have a thriving consumer class here."

"It's not on my ship, but more so made from parts of my ship." Lara said, shifting her tone towards a more professional one as well. "I would be glad for the space in the spaceport as I'd need somewhere to store all the cars. As for whatever else I'd need... I'd just need some tarmac roads building for the cars that are more suited for tarmac than dirt and off-road surfaces. I'd be happy to help with sorting out surfacing the roads and drawing up a road layout for where the main city. And I also don't mind handing out some cars for free until you get an established economy."

"Well... the I'ee are just sorta paving over as much space as possible to make the space port. If you want to get with them regarding the layout and distribution of roads that'd be great. People really don't appreciate roads until you need to get somewhere and don't have a star ship to drop you off.... except, you know... people with horses. But the roads here are dirt and filled with horse droppings..." Uso ranted, "... Anyways, I can't let you just hand out cars for free, people will start expecting everything for free if we do that. Is there any chance you can teach some of the locals how to work on cars? Give them free cars in exchange for helping them learn modern skills?"

"If you can get me a meeting with the I'ee in charge of the road surfacing, that would be great." Lara, said, flashing a small smile. "As for free cars in exchange for teaching the locals how to work on them? I can do that. I'd need somewhere like a workshop with a hydraulic lift and all the tools needed to fix cars, though as I only have one set for myself and would need more if several people were to come along at once."

"Right now all of our production capacity is spoken for. Literally every machine that can make another machine on the planet is being used to build combat drones to liberate the I'ee home world. If you can hold out for about a week or so, I can task some extra drones to building you... you know, whatever. Lifts, Tools, ect. You'll need more than just a one man machine shop for this kind of thing." Uso replied

"If that's the time frame you need, then I can certainly work around that." Lara said. "So, is that all you wanted to speak to me about, or is there anything else?"

"I have something to ask to you, actually" Lara said. "So, what's me title gonna be, or whatever name I'm gonna be going by?"

"As far as in my organization goes?" Uso asked, ".... Head motor Princess? or Princess of Motors?"

"I'd quite like Princess of Motoring." Lara said with a smile. "That would be a good title for me."

"Princess of motoring it is!" Uso said, "Now, I got a planet of bugs to save, you going to be ok on your own for a bit?"

Lara sent a reassuring smile towards Uso. "Yeah. I'm sure I'll be fine without you for a bit." Lara gave a small bow towards Uso. "I guess I'll be seeing you around, then. I'll leave you to whatever you've got to do now." Lara tuned on her heels and walked out of the restaurant and towards her racecar. She knows it's not exactly suited to the dirt roads, but it'll be fine for now until the tarmac is laid.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back