• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN [Private] Kage Yaichiro

Miyako

🎖️ Game Master
Yaichiro-san,

I'm sorry this is a little quick, but on our way somewhere now, so if I don't send it I'm not sure when I would have another chance.

You like me, don't you? Mist said it, and then I kept thinking about it, and we talked some more. That's why things have been so...strained since the day on Hotaru, isn't it?

If I'm wrong you can tell me, but I think that's why you got uncomfortable with using my name suddenly? I thought I had upset you somehow, and you just weren't saying anything.

It's been bugging me though, so tell me if it's true okay?

I hope your trip goes really well, and you find all the answers you're looking for. Mist and I unpacked a few things at the house. We're going shopping for some normal clothes the next time we can.

Everyone's doing well so far, I'll make sure to keep checking on them in your place. If you want me to relay anything let me know.

~Kotonoha Miyako

TO Kotonoha Miyako

Yes, to be honest, I do like you...and I was never angry at you. I know that you were forced into that pod by a (then) superior, and not at fault...as for using your name then NOT using it, that was a conflict between familiarity and the CO/Subordinate relationship, which I sometimes struggle with.

There is also the fact that I believe Mist likes you, and I had no intention of barging into her love life, since she expressed feeling for you first. I would not be at all opposed to being your Father in Law if such a route was chosen.

In short, yes I do like you, no I was never angry with you in any way. But I wanted my daughter to be happy, and stayed silent.

As for the issue of the UOC vs. the YSE, it has always been a complex one for me...I was Chief Engineer at Pisces when it all happened -- yes, one of those hated people, but the 5th XF took me because I tried to run the station and help Taiie's refugees when few else would focus on them.

I was not born of Taiie. I had never set foot there, I had never seen it in person...I was an immigrant to the 5th XF. Still, they accepted me as one of their own, and allowed me to assist them, eventually permitting me to bear witness to the birth of a nation, and several key moments in history.

Still, Yamatai is where I was born, and I do not believe it to be beyond salvation...someone has to stay behind, and try to support good relations with the UOC, as well as Empress Himiko's progressive policies...I just have to decide if I am capable of doing such a thing.

I do have a request...please take good care of Mist-chan...and it was good hearing from you.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to contact you. A critical matter has arisen...

How are you and Mist-chan? Is the UOC holding up okay? I'm a little worried, and hope it's just parental paranoia...

I've been entrusted with the original Midori-san, while her duplicate serves the UOC. I've also purchased the home of the Asamoya's old CO...I've been there only once or twice however.

If things get too hot, I've a place prepared for you on a ship I own, a Horizon-class ship called the Nishitama. Right now she's providing alternative housing in the Samurai Sector...it's an option should the worst come to pass.

I've wondered how you're doing with your new CO. I've seen how you get along, and had her assigned to you before my departure. She should do you well. Minami has potential, but lacks the experience you need.

I've also given the UOC a new ship, the Asuka-class...I'm hoping that you will recieve one soon. I may not be there as your CO, but you are all in my thoughts.

Kage Yaichiro

~The screen flickers to a video file prompt~

PLAY? Y/N?

>Y

Running....

~The image flashes to quarters that seem like a standard for the Ionoche class, and several other vessels. Miyako is in her duty uniform, the short sleeved version sitting in a chair. The image frames her body from just below her breasts up. The girl's hair is up in a loose circular braid.~

"Oh, hi Yaichiro-san! I was a little worried too but things are okay here, don't worry. Mist stays in my quarters here, and I wasn't sure if you knew who the CO was so I didn't say. We're okay, and have been keeping busy on duty here. I'm still learning a lot but what I know has been useful."

She pauses, chewing on her lip. "I miss you. The ship sounds interesting, but we're really okay here I promise every day things grow more, and there's always something to worry about for the new ships usually. I kind of like how big this ship is, but at the same time it makes me sweat more when I'm in charge sometimes. Still, don't misunderstand there haven't been any really bad problems..I'm not sure if I should say more now that's not why I sent this back, I-...wanted you to see me smiling." She did, with that and took her hands out of her lap.

"Please, come visit soon when the borders open. There will always be a critical matter don't worry though about the rest I'll make sure anyone asking knows that you are all right."

Like the last video she had sent, the officer leaned forward and kissed the screen. "Write back soon, okay?"

~End

Replay? Y/N

The next video showed Yaichiro, though there were some bandages...he seemed to be significantly burned, though they seemed superficial.

"Hello, Miyako. I'm glad to hear that things are okay. Don't be afraid to slap Noboru around if he screws up. He's high maintenance...and he needs to be kept on a short leash for his own good.

I hope to visit when the borders open, yes...I look forward to seeing you and Mist again, and everyone, assuming we can get time off at the same time.

I realize I look like a nightmare, but it's part of the situation right now. It looks worse than it is, though. I hope to hear from you soon, and I even have my own ship to shuttle us around in if necessary.

I understand I don't HAVE to be in the army anymore...and that it may be hard to understand why I still insist on servive...but there's still work that needs done on Yamatai to stabilize it from within. Hopefully we can manage to protect both our respective nations until they can come to a better understanding.

Well, I have to go...please give my love to my daughter...Bye."

With that, he logged off and the message ended.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back