• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN [Private] Letter to Empress Himiko

Orion

Inactive Member
For: Empress Himiko

Empress,

I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting you in person. I hope to have the opportunity soon. In the mean time, however, an issue of some importance has become known to me. As my counterpart, Legate Karael Malach, may have informed you, I was involved in good-faith negotiations with the U.O.C., Free State, and Lorath Matriarchy recently.

Much of it was of little concern, but one particular revelation brought me pause.

An advocate of the U.O.C., one Shichou Yuriko, revealed an extensive Yamataian intelligence operation. My concerns were twofold. First, as our nations are allies, I feel it is my obligation to inform you of the potential breach in your security.

Second, as our nations are allies, I feel the sensor network keeping watch on Elysia is unwarranted. I am requesting its removal on behalf of the Elysian Senate. If there is trust between us, let us exercise it. Elysia has laid great faith in Yamatai's desire for peace and prosperity for several years now. I merely ask for reciprocation.

God's glory to you and your people,

Andariel Vokos
Second Legate of the Elysian Senate

Legate Andariel Vokos,

Thank you for informing me of the UOC intelligence operation. When we find their spies working against either us or against you, those spies will be put to death.

On the matter of the sensor networks...the two large networks near your borders are primarily there to monitor Nepleslia and the Nepleslian space lanes, not Elysia. They are both critical to keeping unwanted ships out of the Western side of core Yamatai. Any data they find is also available to Elysia in real time.

Signed,

Himiko

Empress,

I understand your position and consider it a fair one. It will suffice for now at the very least, though the Senate would appreciate the opportunity for either myself or my counterpart to discuss this in greater detail at a future junction.

Your openness and honor is greatly appreciated.

Andariel Vokos

RPG-D RPGfix
Back