Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Prologue, Kyoto] - Roping together

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
Mission Prologue - START!! (Kyoto, Yamatai)

Luca was still in Kyoto at this point in a drunken stupor and hauling his suitcase about. He was searching for a Shuttle Terminal to give him transport to Ralt, his home town. Unbeknownst to him, he was being shadowed.

Eventually, he found the Shuttle Terminal, a large building with a collection of hangars nearby. He staggered inside and to the ticket booth, which was being attended to by a lone Neko, who was probably retired from the Army business.

The inside of the ticket booth was plainly decorated, a row of chairs against one wall, a counter where the Neko sat with a fair bit of paperwork, an artificial pot plant, a few posters of where to travel and a chart on which shuttle left at what terminal to go where. A large window took up the remaining wall, which gave view to shuttles coming in for landing and departing. Most of them were KE-T1 shuttles, the really cheap ones which are sold as military surplus.

"Hello sir, may I help you?" She said as she examined Luca in his drunken state, "Need quick transport somewhere?"
"Yesh you may," Luca replied as he teetered about, "I need a shuttle to Ralt,"
"Ralt, lovely place," The neko commented as she wrote down Luca's choice "That's the little place on the way to the Temple of the Stars."
Luca had no clue about the Temple of the Stars, he only cared about home sweet home at this point. He simply nodded.

"The next shuttle to Ralt will dock in Hangar 3A in..." She looked behind her and looked at the time charts for departures and arrivals of shuttles, "half an hour. You've got some time to kill," She then took notice of Luca's drunken state, "I'd also get something to sober up, you look a mess..."

Then she took notice of Luca's gun hanging by his side and frowned, "Also, you must put that gun into your suitcase as hold luggage, we don't permit firearms as cabin luggage."

Luca just nodded, opened up his suitcase, took the offending gun from his left holster, turned on the safety and placed it into the suitcase, which was now brimming with various clothes.

"It's good to see that you're still able to understand me although you're in such a mess," The clerk told Luca, folding her arms and giving a wry smile, "You're not like the other undesireables who come through here, you've got a certain... charm."

Luca simply smiled at the Neko's comments as he sat down in the waiting area with his suitcase by his side.

Luca didn't seem to notice his extra shadow in his drunken state. The black-cloaked figure silently stalked her way into the terminal right behind Luca. She then stood within the shadows against a wall. Neither Luca nor the neko attendant seemed to notice her arrival...

Luca looked at a clock on the wall... 10:34 PM... his shuttle left at 11:00 PM. Luca was beginning to feel a little bit more sober, but not much more.

"Excuse me, miss..." Luca asked the attendant while he sat back, "I've a favour to ask."
She looked as though she was filling out paperwork, but she was just bored, "Yes, what is it?" The neko replied as she tapped a pen against her desk.
"Could you mind my suitcase?" Luca requested as he hauled the huge thing off the ground and moved it towards her desk, "I'm going to nip out for a moment."
"Yes, I'll keep an eye on it," She said as she got up and dragged the suitcase behind her desk, "What are you going to do?"
"Hmm..." Luca thought for a moment, "Maybe I'll buy myself a communicator... and something to sober up."

With that, Luca made his way out of the shuttle terminals to a nearby electronics store, which sold just what he was looking for, and it set him back 200 KS.

A basic communicator, coloured a deep blue with a lovely emerald green trim. It had some basic features, such as a camera, video and text messaging, a simple text translator and music and games. He flipped it open and began to personalise it, changing the background, putting his name down and a few other things.

Then he began to make his way back to the shuttle terminal. Then he forgot about something to sober up, but he decided to ignore that.

Luca's extra shadow had continued to follow him. After he had bought his communicator and on his way back to the terminal, the cloaked figure stepped in front of the still slightly drunk Luca. Her voice was almost like a bird singing as she said, "You are the one known as Luca, are you not?" Her violet eyes shown a brightly from underneath the hood of her cloak.

Luca was too busy playing around with his new communicator that he didn't quite notice the "Shadow" pounce in front of him. He walked into it by accident.

"Huh? Oh, sorry," Luca responded obliviously upon bumping into the shadow whilst hurriedly putting his communicator in a pocket inside his jacket. Only then he heard the question given to him, "Uh, that's me. How'd you guess?"

The strange shadow of a person stepped back as Luca bumped into her. Her hood had fallen back to reveal her face. She flicked a strand of black hair out of her face as she answered, "I have been watching you for some time now, Mr. Luca. I have come to offer you my services." She slowly smoothed down the naturally red-highlighted black hair that she was so proud of. Her violet eyes never left Luca, however, and seemed to search into his very soul.

((I don't have a ship yet, but I am more than happy for you to tag along.))

Luca flickered for a moment at the claim that she was watching him, then attempted to draw his pistol and fire. However, he drew nothing, and fired air into air. His reflex got the better of him.

"Why oh why did I leave my pistol in the suitcase?" Luca reflected as he gave a sheepish frown, "Erm... err... sorry 'bout that, I'm a bit drunk, and a bit strung."

At this point, they were getting closer to the Shuttle Terminal. A nearby clock read 10:41

((Heh, no problem. This'll make up for not introducing my character in the Ex-Goban thread, lol.))

Hitori had raised a serrated dagger clear of her cloak, as he had done this. The small blade was easy to balance and simple to throw. Luckily for Luca, she had noticed that he had no weapon in his hand. "Hmph... Even when drunk, that wasn't a very pleasant thing to do to a potential employee..." She sheathed her dagger into its place, strapped to her lower back. She smiled inquisitively as she pierced into him with a glare.

"For one," Luca said whilst folding his arms, "I just don't like people popping in uninvited, however, I'll let this one slide."

This lady is quite a mysterious one... Luca pondered, I hope she's not with SAINT or Black Spiral or anything else... I put the army behind me. And bloody hell she has nice eyes.

Now, a bit more sober and stricken by common sense, Luca inquired, "Anyway, what sort of work do you do? By the looks of things, I'd take it that you're a... spy, of sorts?"

"Spy is such a... strong word," she replied, smiling slightly. "I prefer the term Intelligence Gatherer. It sounds a little more profession, don't you think?" She put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to respond.

"If you insist," Luca said while giving a smug grin and putting his hands through his messy hair, "Intelligence Gatherer... haven't heard that one before. So what sorts of Information do you gather, Miss..." Luca hesitated for a moment, "Hmm... I never quite caught your name. Hell, we haven't even been properly introduced!"

Luca took a step back with a slight teeter and bowed with a flourish of the arm, "I, am Luca S. Pavone," He started, "Ex-soldier of the 3rd Fleet of the Star Army of Yamatai, discharged with honours," He paused and looked up at the shadow which was following him, "Or, you may simply call me the Wolf. Who might you be?"

Luca kept his mid-bow position, awaiting response.

Hitori smiled pleasantly at his nickname. He seemed charming enough, even if he was still a bit drunk. She pretended to curtsy, using her cloak as if it was a dress. She replied, "My name is Hitori Sasorix, Professional Intelligence Gatherer, Acquisition Expert, and Locksmith Extraordinaire! I have also been called the Lunar Raven." She smirked at him as she ended her curtsy.

"Lunar Raven... very nice," Luca said as he stretched up and made his way to the Ticket Booths of the Shuttle Terminals.

He looked at the clock hanging on the wall, it read 10:54. The excitement of getting a communicator plus his new discovery of a girl named Hitori had made the time pass.

"Excuse me, sir," The neko from across the counter gestured as she got up, "Your shuttle will arrive soon, no tickets will be needed, but you will need to get there. Oh, and don't forget your suitcase. Just head to Hangar 3A."

"Thankyou!" Luca said as he rushed behind the counter and picked up his huge suitcase with a single arm, he then turned to Hitori, "Hey Hitori, would you like to go places?"

Hitori raised an eyebrow before answering; "I have nothing better to do. Plus, you never did answer the offer of my services." She smirked in his direction as she headed toward Hangar 3A. She walked slowly so he could catch up.

"Oh, about your services," Said Luca as he was dashing down the airstrip, "I might need them, we'll see what happens."

Luca quickly found Hangar 3A after a short dash, and found just what he was looking for, a KE-T1 shuttle which was heading to Ralt.

"All right Hitori, just makes sure you don't pull that knife out on this ship, or else we could be arrested," He cautioned as he put his luggage in a small storage compartment.

The inside of the shuttle was small, cramped, could hold about 4 people, a few more in a desperate situation. It had been modified to provide a small storage space. It bore the trappings of a military past.

Jimothi Trakk streached. He was now free of the mandatory term of service that the Star Army of Yamatai required and now had the military training that he wanted in order to pursue a life of adventure. The thing was that he had little to no idea where to start! So he decided to go on what little he did know, which was the Temple of the Stars. He knew that the Temple of the Stars sounded like it could be a lot of fun so he thought he might as well start there. Jimothi, his mind made up, headed for the spaceport to get on the first shuttle headed in that direction.

After buying the tickets and boarding the shuttle, he started imagining what twists and turns his life would be taking now that he was independent from the Star Army. Lost in thought, he didn't notice two figures entering the shuttle. One was male who had an aura of leadership around him while the other was female with striking eyes. The male did not seem to notice him when the two entered, but the female fixed him with an inquisitive look that bore into him.

Jimothi extended his hand in introduction, "Jimothi Trakk, what are you two doing going to Ralt?"

Luca just managed to notice the brown haired person when he called out, he immediately took notice of him as he sat down.
"Well, I'm Luca Pavone, and my friend here is Hitori Sasorix," Luca introduced, "I live in Ralt, and I'm just going home. Then I'm going to do something with my life! Something adventurous, bold and daring!"

Jimothi was dumbstruck. Someone else who was searching for adventure! What luck!! "Well," he said, "I am also searching for adventure and as the saying goes, the more the merrier. May I join you in your endeavor? I'm fresh out of my stint in the military so I have all of the necessary skills."

"I'm fresh out of the Military too, discharged with Honours," Luca told Jimmy as he he pointed to his old Rank Pin, which was stuck to the left breast of his jacket, "You're more than welcome to tag along, but first, may I inquire what you're good at doing?"

Hitori did watch this Jimothi carefully. She wasn't sure about him, but at least he seems a bit more honest then she is... Plus, he could be a good distraction for Luca so he wouldn't bother her all of the time. "I'd say that he should join us. We will need as much muscle as we can get, I think," she advised Luca.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back