• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Senate: Defeated [Proposal 103] Cultural Foodstuffs Preservation Act

Exhack

Inactive Member
"It has come to my attention that our Star Army rations have increasingly become the stuff of Kenewesian 'comfort foods' and Nepleslian fast food instead of the elegant, nutritionally balanced wonders of our traditional Yamataian cuisine. We have traded the versatility of our traditional diet rich in starches and vegetables for the cheap and abundant calories of fat-rich Nepleslian fare."

"Thus, my proposition."

"An army marches on its stomach, and ours upon the stars, Senate of Yamatai."
-Ueda Chikako

To: Senate of Yamatai

I remind you that the Senate is prohibited from interfering with the affairs of the Star Army of Yamatai. While I will take your request for more traditional foods into consideration, I ask that this bill be immediately withdrawn, as it is a violation of an Imperial Decree.

I was shocked and appalled when I saw all of the non-traditional food being serviced to our troops. Clearly we are sliding away from the values we hold dear and therefore must strive to provide our troops with the very best of our culture even when they are so far from home.

Vote: YES

"I believe that each soldier should decide what he or she wants to eat. Taking that to mind, we should rather give them the options to choose from rather than limiting them. I would also like to mention that percentage of soldiers with origin in Nepleslia is not small in our Arm. Taking that to mind, unless the number in first part of purpose is not changed to 50%, then my vote is NO."

The bill is withdrawn due to being illegal.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ