• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Passed Proposal 88 - Marine Life Protection Act

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Proposal 88 - Marine Life Protection Act

Purpose:

1. Whales and dolphins have shown themselves to be intelligent and sentient beings. We should protect them from harm.

Proposal:

2. Make it illegal to intentionally kill, or harm with intent to kill, a whale or dolphin, with a maximum punishment of 5 years in prison.

YES votes start to come into the system.

Kage Yaichiro:

I vote yes, though this also starts to require questions regarding catching methods for tuna and other mass fishing efforts which may accidentally capture Dolphins. Would accidental death be similar to manslaughter? Are there methods in place to prevent accidental harm from fisheries?

Ketsurui Hanako:

Accidentally killing a dolphin wihle fishing would not be illegal, but maybe a recommendation to use safer methods would be good. I think a fishing expert would be needed for advice in this though. As is, the law is still okay I think.

NO

At this time I can not agree to the protection of these killers, if anyone has forgotten about Orcas they are the scariest animals in the galaxy. they even hunt on land from time to time.

I vote yes.

I also propose that the Scientific Studies Service be tasked with developing a method of communications with these species.

Yes and concur that the SSS should find a way to communicate with them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back