• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Proposed Portable Medical Scanner for Yamataian Star Army

I had looked at the Hemosynthetic container when brainstorming this.

I think I would prefer to make the injector a variant of the hypospray intector. I had searched for a hypospray and didn't find it.

I think its best to simplify it and make it just an injector, and include a limited life on the medi-nanos something along the lines of 24-48 hours.

Also, I think it would be better if the controller pad is used to program the medi-nanos, and load the injector. Makes the hypospray pretty much a generic hypospray.

Brian.

How about having scanner nanomachines be one of the injection types for the injector. The data could be sent to nearby datapads/communicators.

The only thing is, how will they transmit a signal? It's not like nanomachines have antennae.

The body has nerves: They are our integrated information communications network and something like 80% of the data we never receive because the brain filters it out before it hits our perception.

Maybe they send discreet impulses along the existing nerve connection fibers based on what they're receiving in any given area and the data is picked up as extremely localized unconscious "nonsense" brainwaves that translate into useful data for a pickup device placed on the user or transmitted psionically?

Maybe the user could even be educated as to how to "read" these results with training so it could act as an accurate update on their physiological, hormonal and homeostasic condition.

Just a thought.

Actually, the nerve idea works. With the addition of a patch that serves as the antenna. Thought about a dermal one, but one of the uses of this device is to be able to diagnose a person in their armor especially if its damaged. The patch would be be a way to tie the medi-nanos into the controller pad.

OsakanOne said:
Maybe the user could even be educated as to how to "read" these results with training so it could act as an accurate update on their physiological, hormonal and homeostasic condition.

Just a thought.

Sounds like another function that I could add to it. The medi-nanos could run a diagnostic of the neural network and compare it to a base line.

In the case of a crew member the data from their 3 month exam could be uploaded prior to deployment and used to assist in diagnosis.
Just some more thoughts.... B

RPG-D RPGfix
Back