• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Resolved Put "OOC Notes" in RP Post Custom Fields

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
When posting a roleplay thread you're asked for RP location, RP date, tags, what about OOC Notes?

People could put the members of a JP, side notes, and other small details that are not included within the format of the in character post.

Note they should not be required for posting.

Very good idea. Remember to upvote to actually support this cause!

Some general notes:
  • The forum can have "Custom fields" (struct is wiki only). As mentioned RP Date and RP Location are some of them, as are Trigger Warning (NSFW forums).
  • Custom fields global and I can chose what forums they appear on (e.g. RP forums).
  • Custom fields are applied to the OP (original post/first post of a thread) only.
Because only the thread op can add custom field info and they can't reply, it's not a suitable place to put OOC notes if there's going to be any discussion. What we can do instead is put in a field to place a link URL to the matching OOC thread.

Okay, then custom field, not struct.

I meant on a thread op. For instance I always add the meaning of the oftentimes Japanese/Yamataigo thread title at the top of my post like so:

((OOC Note: Kaiyō means ocean.))

If there were an OOC field I would use that instead and it would no longer clutter the RP. I think this would help when a JP is posted as a standalone thread too to put authorship, but it wouldn't help plots like yours that have JPs strewn throughout the thread, sadly.

These wouldn't be places for discussions, just small notes that the thread author wants to convey to readers quickly, even those that aren't players and wouldn't have already checked the OOC.

((TR Note: Keikaku means plan.))

It looks like this suggestion is popular based on the score of 5. The suggestion has been implemented and the optional field is now available on all our in-character roleplaying forums.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back