• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Question about the Rules 002 (Plotship Refits and Updates)

phacon

Inactive Member
Hey guys, right now kai and doctomoe have the in approval thread refits for their plotships.

This got me thinking though ... what is a refit?
Are refits it an update? Is their anything that makes them special from a normal update?

The relevant for the Azorean would be the Nimiss. Even if the Azorean don't have an active plot right now, I wanted to update this to match the Starship Stat Standards, etc. So any suggestions on things missing from the Nimiss articles as a non-FTL plotship would be helpful.

Re: Question about the Rules 002 (Plotship Refits and Update

A refit is an upgrade of an older ship's systems to bring it up to date with current technology so the military/organization can keep a top-notch fleet without replacing entire ships. It's like replacing a processor or specific components in a computer, upgrading them, instead of dumping the whole machine for a brand new one. It's mainly a resource-saving measure; if the ship is still useful and in working order it would be a waste to discard it.

Re: Question about the Rules 002 (Plotship Refits and Update

I think Missing covered it pretty well. A refit is a significant upgrade of a vehicle that typically covers that entire vehicle.

In the SARP, any update that modifies RP stats (damage output or capacity) requires NTSE approval.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back