• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Questions on the mindy W2905 Goass Cannon attachment

Kai

Retired Staff
vesper Post subject: Questions on Mindy W2905 Gauss Cannon attachmentPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:12 am

I had some questions about the Ke-M2-W2905 gauss cannon for the Mindy M2-2A.

1) What is the length/width ratio of its projectiles? I am assuming it is at least 10:1, probably more around 20:1 (which is what most kinetic penetrators are).

2) With either of these, what kind of dimensions are the ammo magazine on the gun and the backpack ammo magazine? With a round aspect of 10:1 I think the gun magazine would be something like 55x21x21cm, while the 20:1 is going to be something like 110x21x21cm. The backpack would be 55x60x23 cm or 110x60x23 cm.

3) What kind of material are the rounds made of? Steel, Uranium, something denser?

4) On the above, do people have any special training to use the weapon, due mainly to the massive recoil and overall weight of it? With steel rounds, the gun magazine will weigh 131.5 kg and the backpack magazine will mass 438.5 kg. With something like uranium the gun magazine will mass 325 kg and the backpack magazine will mass ar over 1083.6 kg (more than ten times the normal mass of the Mindy).

5) What is the muzzle velocity of this gun?

6) What is the actual damage rating for the weapon? It has a damage description, but no actual damage rating.

Vesper

Doshii Jun Post subject: Re: Questions on Mindy W2905 Gauss Cannon attachmentPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Short answer: There are no answers to your questions because the cannon was never developed with that much detail involved.

Addition to short answer: The gauss cannon has proven not unpopular, but so rarely used (except by hardcore Kylie users) that developing it any further was never even discussed.

I wouldn't mind fleshing it out, as long as we keep the science back some -- we get too sciency on it, no one will use it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back