• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Interest Check Race: The Clockworks

BMan142

Oh god it's in my head
Inactive Member
Hi All,

This is just an interest check, since earlier today, I had the idea of new race and I wanted to get some people's opinions before I sunk too much time into it. The race would be called 'The Clockworks', and if I ever decided to make them a faction, 'The Clockwork Empire'.

Now, I know some of you will be sceptical because I'm still new here, which is why anyone who wants to share an idea or opinion is welcome to PM on the site or discord, while I am as well as asking @club24 to help advise me on the creation, as he has been on the site longer than I.

Thanks, Bman142

It is true I'll be working with him on this project but despite my current standing in the site there's still heaps I don't know simply for lack of experiences so all input is welcome, the original idea was all his and i'm just here to advise really and help out where needed. And I can vouch for his abilities in terms of creating something unique and interesting, from what he's already brainstormed and told me they're essentially steampunk style clockwork machines since he didn't quite clarify that XD

Sounds like a very cool idea, and I myself am a fan of steampunk esque stuff. I'd be happy to host these guys in the north east, as the area is largely unexplored and unmapped. I can even help out with the work if you want @BMan142 . Give me a shout if your interested, I'd love to hear more.

I have talked about making a faction called the clockwork faction in the past but I haven't really started anything. The idea with mine was to make an AI-run automated faction of hostile robots which the played factions would have to deal with. I don't have any issues with you using the name though.

@BMan142 I haven't talked to you much before now, but contact me here on the site or over discord (Ametheliana#8571) and I would love to be someone for you to bounce ideas off of.

so, after due consideration, i have decided i would like to make The Clockworks into The Clockwork Empire, and have them be a faction. I Have taken @Jack Pine up on his offer for a planet in the north east, and this is just a public announcement of my change of plan.

Also Tagging @club24 so he sees this, and anyone else is welcome to comment on your thoughts on the matter.

-Bman142

So, to anyone who might be interested/still following this thread, i have officially abandoned the idea of the clockworks and their associated faction. I have also officially asked @Wes to delete any and all pages pertaining to the clockworks in the WIP cleanup.

For those interested, i came to the conclusion that the clockworks were not a viable race for SARP, and that i was not cut out for creating a faction and species. If any veteran members of the site wish to take over the development of the clockworks, please feel free to get in touch and i will supply anything i have after wes cleans out their pages.

Thanks, Bman

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ