• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Radiator Container

Zack

Inactive Member
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've never actually heard of that method of radiation before, and it's quite interesting, as well as probably very pretty. Ideally you'd want a liquid with a very high boiling point

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while, but I couldn’t justify using super force fields to hold radiator juice.

I found an article on droplet radiators and this was mentioned. Jackpot, article made, etc.

I think specifying which metal used would be a bit too much detail, but I’ll look into it. Ideally you wouldn’t want just a high boiling point, you’d want a boiling point somewhere between your hottest radiator temperature and your coolest radiator temp in 0 pressure so you get a state change every time you heat and cool your coolant.

"...are strogn enough..." (strong)

It doesn't really say what this does, besides cool a starship. Is that it?

Fixed the Typo.

And yes, all this does is cool a starship. It is a component article for something that can be dropped into starship designs later on.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…