• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Ragna-Fort

Z

Zack

Palace

Cyrus sat in the makeshift command center of the palace, silently thinking. He had asked Uso to come in early because Cy had a pet project that she needed to see. After the scare with the unidentified ships, Ragnarock need its own base. Cyrus had found a nice mountain range which would allow for expansion and privacy. The Gleipnir Fortress would be built by digging into the mountain and building the fortress deep inside the mountain

"Nmgg... what's so important that I needed to be up early?" Uso would walk into the command center of the palace, wearing a rather over-large hoodie, large aviator sunglasses, and little else. She'd quickly find the largest chair in the room, a big, padded, thing that she'd sit on, curling up and tucking her legs inside of the bottom of the hoodie.

He looked to Uso as she curled up in the chair. "This..." He said pulling up his schematics of the Gleipnir fortress. "Say hello to my pet project." He said as he pulled up the designs of the base.

"Hello pet project..." Uso groaned, staying where she was for as long as she could before reluctantly opening her eyes and peeking over at the table, "We're doing mountain bases now? Smalls will have a blast clearing that out..."

"Indeed." Cyrus said dryly. "After our little incident earlier this week, it came to my attention that if the palace had been destroyed, all my forces would have been wiped out in an instant." He said pulling up more drawings. "To counter this I developed the Gleipnir..."

"Maybe I wasn't clear the first time," Uso said, straightening up a bit and taking off her glasses... rubbing her eyes for a moment before focusing in on Cyrus, "All your forces ain't shit. Had those bug-things wanted to destroy your forces they would have. We aren't going to win a stand-up fight against any military... even the poorly run ones. Our defense is being able to get everyone onto these ships, and then..."

"Shut up." He said holding up a hand. "You need to use those big cat ears of yours and listen..." He said pulling up the last picture. It was a huge rail gun Five to be exact. "Now as I was saying, The Gleipnir fortress will be built in this northern mountain range." He said pointing to it on a map. "There are six prominent mountains all pressed up close to one another. The central mountain is where the fortress will be placed. The other 5 mountains will hold these massive rail guns I have designed these things for both Orbital and planetary fire." He said looking back to her. "Plus a new airstrip located here." He said pointing to a long tube like structure jutting out from the central mountain. "You may continue your thought now." He said falling into a chair.

"... and then escaping. Huge rail guns are great and all... but they are just easy targets for the star army of whomever decides to show up next." Uso sighed a bit, "... I mean, I shouldn't be so harsh though. We do need to build up our presence on this planet. Get your ragnaguys equipped, build bases... all that stuff. Being able to drop some pain anywhere on the planet would be nice. We'll also need a good place to start storing things in mass for rainy days."

"Correct." He said as if not hearing the first part. "Best part is that this is only the first of many. This rail gun ring can be installed all across the planet for an effective orbital defense weapon. It will be capable of even shooting down drop pods before they can touch down. It will make the surface untouchable from space." He said with an almost childlike glee.

"Well, if it makes you happy," Uso said, giving him a soft smile and relenting from her critical attitude, "We'll need to get all this gear brought in or built. Know anyone that can do that? My guy is ignoring my calls."

He grinned slightly "I can make a call... Or if you let me borrow a ship I can go get the material shipped in." He said looking to her.

"We've got two ships... and one of them ain't mine... I'm a little uneasy with having people just drop off deliveries here, but we need to kick this into high gear if we're going to get anywhere. Space bugs found us, its only a matter of time before someone else comes calling..." Uso said, tilting her head back, mulling the thoughts over in her head.

"The sheer amount of material we will need is to much for our few ships to ferry back and forth. I can hire the freighter crews on as Ragnarock Mercs. Hell if we buy a few freighters we could start shipping all our exports off planet..." He said tapping his chin.

"I'm working on that," Uso said, "I have to get the money to pay you guys first. The excess funds are going right into development. Ever space-dollar we spend on defense is a space-dollar we didn't spend in increase the rate we get space-dollars."

Cyrus sighed. "Ahh, the eternal struggle." he said running a hand through his hair. "Well, why don't you let me take one of the ships and load it down with as much of the cold coins as we can. After that, I will pocket our cut, then use the rest to get a freighter or two to get a steady flow of revenue coming in?"

"I already got the Queen's slave booked for bringing containers of food and water to spacers in exchange for more gear. We could load up some of the coin and see if they are willing to barter that for a ship...Fucking gold ain't that valuable though... I mean, yeah here it is, but higher tech societies can just pull that stuff out of their aether reactors..... " Uso would shrug, "Fuck it, lets load up as much as we can onto the Queen's slave and see if we can barter it to the spacers in exchange for one of their ships. I need to grow my fleet anyways... Maybe add 'Admiral' to my title."

"Empress Admiral Uso?" he asked with a smirk. "Roger that ma'am." He said smiling. "I'll try and hire on a few captains with the promise of gold and riches beyond their wildest dreams." he said rolling his had. "Blah, blah, blah. It got me here."

"You have my permission to take whatever you need from the planet in order to fund this whole thing. Spacers love the food and water... we've got plenty of both we just need a way to transport it in mass... Your girl Arc had a bunch of good ideas, seems to have her own little group of merry men too."

Cyrus nodded. "Yes ma'am. I will make the necessary preparations I will inform you once I am ready to depart." he said standing. "You had to much fun with Raph yesterday?" He asked with a smirk as he moved to the door.

"Even nekos get tired sometimes. Running this place feels like spinning my wheels a lot just to get nowhere... honest work is hard... and Raph's complicated. Hope I didn't set the bar too high for his first time." Uso snickered just a bit, "The two of you are getting better at this whole dating thing."

"Meh." Cyrus said with a wave of his hand. "I still suck at it. I just try the best I can." He said with a slight smile, stopping at the door and turning back to her. "Same with Raph."

"Not sure I want to talk about Raph right now," Uso replied, still curled up in a ball, leaning her head against the soft side of the chair.

Cyrus shrugged "I'm not here to talk about him. I woke you up for business, not your love life." He said turning back to the door. "Just stating for the record." He said as he moved to leave.

"Shame, I hear Errowyn says good things about you." Uso replied, watching him leave with a little smirk.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back