• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rank/Positions for a Race Flagship Character?

Exhack

Inactive Member
I've been wondering this for a while now...

In terms of the GM/Avatar/Flagship character of a race, what would be the ideal amount of power to give them? Should I start it out as the supreme commander of my race, or something more hands-on, that the leaders of the other factions will be more likely to meet?

Solution
Agreed with Wes. It depends on how you want to approach the RP with the race. If you're looking for players, it's probably best to do so with a captain or some such who has a realistic chance of encountering the other races in the RP.

If you're looking for politics, it's obvious that the 'supreme commander' should be the one to control, unless you're interested in not actually controlling your race. :D

I guess the big thing here is to remember not to overstep your bounds and work within the confines of the RP, especially with 'supreme commander' type characters, as they can damage the setting as a whole if used improperly.
Agreed with Wes. It depends on how you want to approach the RP with the race. If you're looking for players, it's probably best to do so with a captain or some such who has a realistic chance of encountering the other races in the RP.

If you're looking for politics, it's obvious that the 'supreme commander' should be the one to control, unless you're interested in not actually controlling your race. :D

I guess the big thing here is to remember not to overstep your bounds and work within the confines of the RP, especially with 'supreme commander' type characters, as they can damage the setting as a whole if used improperly.

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back