• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN RE: Daisy III (Daisy II 10 Year Review)

Ethereal

Banned Member
RP Date
YE 44.5
RP Location
Valentine
TO: Taisho Ketsurui Yui, Commander, Star Army Command
FROM Chujo Iemochi Feyani, Director, Star Army Research Administration

Commander,

I know you prefer awarding contracts for new work to KFY before we look externally, so I felt it best to send this memo to you.

The Daisy II power armour has reached its 10 year review. This poses an issue as a 5 year review was never conducted by my predecessor, to my knowledge.

While the Daisy II has been almost the sole workhorse for Rikugun for a full decade, it certainly seems to be in need of a refreshed version, especially if you ask the Rikugun commanders.

A lot of the materials used pale in comparison to the Mindy, especially with the proposed refits we're looking into as part of its 5 year review.

Usually I would accept technology from anywhere, but I understand as we'll be acquiring a lot of Daisy IIIs that this could be a lot of revenue for KFY, as a state-ran company.

Shall I go through the normal process of opening this up to anyone with a bright idea, or should we restrict this down to KFY templates alone?

My worry is how long it would take for KFY to come up with a viable model in comparison to the private sector, or our SAOY scientists.

All the best,
Chujo Iemochi
Director, SARA

RPG-D RPGfix
Back